There are 4 users in the forums

dont understand why........

i dont understand why there is like 4 of us that post anything on this website......especially after we won the WS. after we won i thought it would blow up. this forum is dead all the time and there is nothing to read about.....however, over at 49erswebzone, that place is lighting up every minute everyday. why wont you guys post!
Meh... I don't know either. But we're not in Spring Training yet and Football is still going on in the Bay Area so that may account for some of the absenteeism that is going on.

~Ceadder
It is quite sad, that many do post on here. I try to open threads, but don't get many posts. I respond when there are new posts, but not much happens. I thought when I posted Sanchez being traded, there would be interest, but not much of a response.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Meh... I don't know either. But we're not in Spring Training yet and Football is still going on in the Bay Area so that may account for some of the absenteeism that is going on.

~Ceadder

are you on the webzone ceadder? i think i can remember your name on there a while back, and im pretty sure i see your comments on some of the news stories. correct me if im wrong
How old is this site? I have not been good at getting the word out about it and I will try to do better. But I will wait until the season starts because right now, I don't think anyone wants to talk baseball. Everyone seems to be into the NFL right now.

During the season, there was some activity, but it was mostly the same people over and over. Not a bad thing though. At least I kind of knew who everyone was. LOL!
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
How old is this site? I have not been good at getting the word out about it and I will try to do better. But I will wait until the season starts because right now, I don't think anyone wants to talk baseball. Everyone seems to be into the NFL right now.

During the season, there was some activity, but it was mostly the same people over and over. Not a bad thing though. At least I kind of knew who everyone was. LOL!

ive been following this site for almost 3 years, but only started posting about 2 years ago. youre right, its always the same people posting over and over and usually just gameday stuff. i havent been on this site until recently, i just got out of the army and when youre a real soldier in iraq you dont get access to the internet....but im out AND IM HERE NOW!
[ Edited by kodiakgiant on Jan 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM ]
Don't worry ... the season will be here soon enough.

What happened to BigRon though?
BigRon has been extremely busy. He has been reorganizing his companys 30,000 deliveries per month. He will be back after the reorganization in Feb. Just in time for the season.
Glad to hear it BigRon! Good luck with your reorg!
I was hoping to wear my Niner Colors today in anticipation of a Superbowl win. With Football done for me until Oct, The Giants Gear is in play.
Originally posted by BigRon:
I was hoping to wear my Niner Colors today in anticipation of a Superbowl win. With Football done for me until Oct, The Giants Gear is in play.

yep......very sad.....giants better do well this year....but dont forget about dem sharks!
Originally posted by kodiakgiant:
are you on the webzone ceadder? i think i can remember your name on there a while back, and im pretty sure i see your comments on some of the news stories. correct me if im wrong

Nope. No longer on Webzone. Victim of politics. Alex Smith got raked over the coals by most everybody there and I got sick of it enough to stand up for the guy. Obviously that rubbed many the wrong way and they took advantage of some of the comments I made to get me booted. That's fine they can have their little circlejerk without me. None of us had a clue as to what Smith could or could not do and it was pretty frustrating when you know all the issues, to see fans be absolutely disrespectful toward any player on the team they cheer for.

I'm not happy about Kyle Williams, but at worst I want the man cut. I'm not going to disrespect him by calling him anything other than by his given name. I thought what Jim Rome did with Jim Everett was crass and low brow and to me if you call me anything disrespectful to my face we'll be throwin. I didn't like Kevan Barlow or Lawrence Phillips but never once disrespected them in that way. Didn't like Stokes either but the point I'm making here is they wear the Red and Gold. That would be like disrespecting my family an I ain't down with that. I'm protective to a fault of my family.

Anyway yes, I was a member of the Webzone. But I won't be back so long as the politics are one sided and the board moderated in an inconsistent manner. You're more than welcome to search through the archives there. I always tried to be rational with everyone. Sometimes I would lose my cool but for the most part I give my take on issues using knowledge and common sense. Not gonna say whether I was wrong or right. I'll let my stances do the talking.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BigRon:

Yeah I was never so mad after any loss in Team History. Not even after the Craig fumble. Hard to understand though, how people could send death threats in this day an age though. I think I took this Loss harder than the rest because of the large gap of time since the 9ers were last in the Playoffs.

But how about that Timmy contract?!? Two years 40.5 mil or something around that much? Giants initially came with what I thought was a reasonable offer but Timmy did deserve to get paid and better the Giants than the Yanktards. Not that I thought they're even an option. I don't think Timmy would like it in New York.

So hopefully Cain can get a deal done to keep him around next year. Would hate to lose him, since he's such a dominant arm and is the 2 to our 1-2 combination.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Nope. No longer on Webzone. Victim of politics. Alex Smith got raked over the coals by most everybody there and I got sick of it enough to stand up for the guy. Obviously that rubbed many the wrong way and they took advantage of some of the comments I made to get me booted. That's fine they can have their little circlejerk without me. None of us had a clue as to what Smith could or could not do and it was pretty frustrating when you know all the issues, to see fans be absolutely disrespectful toward any player on the team they cheer for.

I'm not happy about Kyle Williams, but at worst I want the man cut. I'm not going to disrespect him by calling him anything other than by his given name. I thought what Jim Rome did with Jim Everett was crass and low brow and to me if you call me anything disrespectful to my face we'll be throwin. I didn't like Kevan Barlow or Lawrence Phillips but never once disrespected them in that way. Didn't like Stokes either but the point I'm making here is they wear the Red and Gold. That would be like disrespecting my family an I ain't down with that. I'm protective to a fault of my family.

Anyway yes, I was a member of the Webzone. But I won't be back so long as the politics are one sided and the board moderated in an inconsistent manner. You're more than welcome to search through the archives there. I always tried to be rational with everyone. Sometimes I would lose my cool but for the most part I give my take on issues using knowledge and common sense. Not gonna say whether I was wrong or right. I'll let my stances do the talking.

~Ceadder

yeah i knew that signature was familiar, um i have lost my account with them 2 times, due to inactivity cuz i was in iraq and didnt have access to a comp very often. so i finally decided to create a new one about a month ago. ive been following that site since it started (along with this one) and was one of the first members on it. i waited to start a new account once i got back based on the same things you didnt like, and when i felt it got better i started a new one. it has changed since they started winning. not as many of the alex haters are coming out of their holes to run their mouths since he had an amazing season.

there still are some very ignorant and feeble minded "fans" that post on there. one of my favorites was last week before the giants game a guy had quoted me and posted "look the noob has lost his credibility before he had any to give",......i told him im not a noob. i understand that there are alot of people that are jumping on the bandwagon and claiming to be faithful. its very disappointing going from one of the more senior members that had been on that site before half of the mods were, to being a "new member". thats the ignorance that drives me crazy, somehow the amount of posts you have determine how much sports IQ you have.
yeah i knew that signature was familiar, um i have lost my account with them 2 times, due to inactivity cuz i was in iraq and didnt have access to a comp very often. so i finally decided to create a new one about a month ago. ive been following that site since it started (along with this one) and was one of the first members on it. i waited to start a new account once i got back based on the same things you didnt like, and when i felt it got better i started a new one. it has changed since they started winning. not as many of the alex haters are coming out of their holes to run their mouths since he had an amazing season.

there still are some very ignorant and feeble minded "fans" that post on there. one of my favorites was last week before the giants game a guy had quoted me and posted "look the noob has lost his credibility before he had any to give",......i told him im not a noob. i understand that there are alot of people that are jumping on the bandwagon and claiming to be faithful. its very disappointing going from one of the more senior members that had been on that site before half of the mods were, to being a "new member". thats the ignorance that drives me crazy, somehow the amount of posts you have determine how much sports IQ you have.

First off thank you for your Service from this Cold War Vet. It's truly appreciated.

2nd, I concur with the mistreatment based on lack of Rep. It was happening before I was even a member of the site and seems to happen whenever a forum site applies the Rep formula whether earned from other members or the amount of Posts. I'm on Overclock.net where you earn Rep for a number of reasons and it's funny how many times I see someone ridicule someone else because they don't have any or because its so low. I deal with Computers and get mine because I'm helpful, not because I'm a Rep whore. I think that Webzone would be better off going to that kind of system to be honest. It's not a perfect system, but I think that it would solve a lot of the I'm right you're wrong because you have no Rep arguments that occur there.

I basically got booted because I told someone NOT to be stupid. Next thing I know I'm booted because I name called. Point of fact, I didn't but apparently the person that took offense to that reported me for it and I'm no longer there. I still keep an eye on things there but only cause the News is all there. I'm just not going to take part in the childishness and inconsistent "fair play" there. Not to offend anyone here, but if people can't figure out "Don't" from "Is/Are", there is no point in banging my head into a wall arguing the difference.

I'm glad people remember me though. The other day someone posted on Grant Cohn's blog that he remembers me from when I was sticking up for the Team on the Yahoo forum against Rams fans who thought their doo doo didn't stink. I've had this SN since the early 90s', don't intend on changing that anytime soon.

~Ceadder