There are 4 users in the forums

matt cain

why the effffffffffff is he not signed yet..............................

When Baer was asked if he thought the team and Cain might find common ground on what they perceive as "fair value," he said, "To be determined."Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/25/SPVQ1NCFH7.DTL#ixzz1niP3qYDr

theres nothing to detrmine, you gave huff 11 mil a year and hes a chump, funny and entertaining but a chump, zito got the world, timmy gets 20+, you telling me hes not worth more than some of those guys and arguably timmy?
I don't know... but I hope they can extend him before he hits the open market after this season. I don't follow the baseball offseason enough, so I may sound ignorant in my response, but from what I have read it sounds like he won't be back if he hits the open market.

"We're listening to anything of fair value," Cain said, reiterating he would like something done by the end of spring training. "I think both sides would like to have something resolved, whether it's signing back or whether it's not," he said.

To answer your question Kodiak... Cain is definitly worth more than those mentioned... except Timmy. But I think Cain's longevity may be better than Timmy's because of his size and mechanics. Timmy has a mean wind up and torques his body in such an aggressive manner, I fear he may not hold up into his 30's.
Originally posted by Howlett:
I don't know... but I hope they can extend him before he hits the open market after this season. I don't follow the baseball offseason enough, so I may sound ignorant in my response, but from what I have read it sounds like he won't be back if he hits the open market.

"We're listening to anything of fair value," Cain said, reiterating he would like something done by the end of spring training. "I think both sides would like to have something resolved, whether it's signing back or whether it's not," he said.

To answer your question Kodiak... Cain is definitly worth more than those mentioned... except Timmy. But I think Cain's longevity may be better than Timmy's because of his size and mechanics. Timmy has a mean wind up and torques his body in such an aggressive manner, I fear he may not hold up into his 30's.

i follow it all, and im starting to feel that way also. and to your second point, thats why i cant stress enough the importance of him only signing a 2 year deal. pitchers fade fast.
Matty Bulldog isn't worth more than Timmy. That said I agree that he should be locked up before the season starts. He's already stated that he's not going to deal with the Contract during the season. I'm not sure what number he's looking for but I doubt that it's $100 million. I could see Bulldog signed for 5 years @ $80 million with incentives and escalators that if not met would give the team some wiggle room. He's not getting any younger but Sabes needs to take care of this guy. Dude is an absolute Professional. Both he and Timmy never once complained about the lack of pop in the Lineup and both guys are a huge part of why the Giants are relevant. Gotta get it done. There was a reason Sancho was traded last year and imho it was money and lack of Offense.

~Ceadder