There are 7 users in the forums

Official Melky Cabrera Thread

Melky Cabrera, slow it down – you're making everybody else look bad. Cabrera hit a monstrous shot to right field, one that would have splash landed back in San Francisco. He's 10 for 17 this spring with three homers and six RBIs, and two of the homers were absolutely killed.

"My gosh," Freddy Sanchez said. "He's crushing the ball, and it's not just a matter of crushing the ball. He's having great at-bats and is balanced on every pitch. Watching him has been so much fun."
i thought this dude wasnt going to be that good of a pick up, but so far hes performing well....but we all have to remember this is the beginning of spring training. lets see how good he looks at the end of the month when the teams are more real and not scrubs
Agreed. I don't really put too much stock into early spring training. But yeah, been looking pretty good regardless.
Yeah it's kinda hard to put too much stock when it's just scrubs in spring training. Also hard to start a thread for a new player when he's yet to play a real game for the team. Regardless here's the thread.

Melky had a great year in 2011 and he's only 27. The All-Star potential is there. I just hope what he is doing right now in spring can carry over to Opening Day.
I picked him up on my fantasy team in the later rounds... im stoked.

I hope he could provide some pop in the Giants lineup.

Where do you think he will bat? 2nd? or 5th?
He and the panda are carrying the offense right now which is doing very well by the way. When Freddy returns he may get slotted 2 and Cabrera goes in the 5th or 6th hole but he's looking very well worth the deal for Sanchez.
Blanco
Freddy
Panda
Buster
Melky
Belt/Pill
Nate
Crawford
I think Melky has the #2 spot on lock even when Freddy comes back. Unless Pagan continues his struggles, then Melky might be put at #1. I really think Blanco would be best suited at lead off but it doesn't look like he'd get an everyday look unless Pagan really struggles.
Yea I'm over pagan... He was struggling in spring training... I'd rather give blanco a shot.... As bad as pagan is doing I say give Burris a shot at center too haha
Pagan got us a win yesterday and seems to be finding his stroke. Maybe there is hope for him after all.
Did Melk make the All-Star team?