There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants at Rockies series thread - starts 4/9/12

Monday, April 9 - @Rockie - 1:10 pm - Zito vs Chacin
Wednesday, April 11 - @Rockies - 5:40 pm - Lincecum vs Guthrie
Thursday, April 12 - @Rockies - 12:10 pm - Bumgarner vs Moyer

0-3 at the start of the series.
I hope Zits throws better today. I will be at the game.
Originally posted by BigRon:
I hope Zits throws better today. I will be at the game.

Have fun BigRon!

Are you in Colorado?
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
Have fun BigRon!

Are you in Colorado?

Yup. Been here since last September. Travel back to the Bay too often tho.
I just got in town yesterday and going to today and Weds games. Zito actually has some pretty decent numbers in CO. Interested to see if he can keep the ball down. Giants need to stay out of double plays today with Chacin on the mound. Also, interested to see how Chacin's breaking balls break. He had that splinter problem all spring and it affected his velocity and pitching. I'm going out on a limb and saying the Giants rally around Zito and get the W.
Fellas, this is irony at its best.

Barry Zito gets the Giants their first win of the season in dominate fashion at Coors Field after the not so good pitching of our elite 3.

This puts a smile on my face.
Originally posted by Ellen:
Fellas, this is irony at its best.

Barry Zito gets the Giants their first win of the season in dominate fashion at Coors Field after the not so good pitching of our elite 3.

This puts a smile on my face.

Yeah. I thought that was great too. Zito rocked it.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Yup. Been here since last September. Travel back to the Bay too often tho.

I assumed you were in the Bay Area for some reason. I bet you had fun at that game.
A whole bunch of heads esploded today I imagine. Zeet's got his first shutout as a Giant.

I think that the pressure is off him being the number 4 arm in the Rotation. I don't know if he'll sustain this but it's nice to see. Hope he keeps fanning them.

~Ceadder
I couldn't believe how well he pitched. Chacin had 95 pitches after the first 5 innings and was pulled. Zito didn't hit 95 until the end of the 8th. I felt like I was watching Kirk Rueter out there. And Zits was better than Woody.
Yea that was awesome to watch.... Let's hope Timmy can ride some of that momentum today and get back to his normal self!
Two things I want to see:

1. Timmy back to being TIMMAY!!!!

2. Brandon Belt Busting two Big Bombs

That would make me happy. What Giants fan wouldn't be happy?
Good thing Belt is starting at first.... Oh wait... Huff is... SMDH 👎
Timmy couldn't even get through 3 innings. Ouch. His ERA is 12.91.
What is wrong with Brian's hip? Jesus, we can't buy a break.

Oops! Did I say "break?"