There are 2 users in the forums

Giants make an offer to Melvin Mora?!

So I am reading multiple sources saying that, in an effort to bolster their infield, the Giants are one of the teams that have made an offer to Melvin Mora. The last time he hit over 300 was in 2004 or something I think. The dude is 40 and I am also not sure he can do much for the infield defense. Am I missing something? Is he really the best guy available?
Maybe as a Player/Coach maybe but yeah I don't see him bringing any offense with him.

~Ceadder
This is what I read...

The San Francisco Giants have yet to get Freddy Sanchez on the field this year, and while his status is slowly improving, reports Andrew Baggarly, he's yet to be cleared for baseball activities, which suggests he's still at least a month from rejoining the team.

Baggarly also reports that the Giants are considering the recently-released Orlando Hudson, whom the Padres let go Thursday. There aren't any obvious trade candidates, but if the Blue Jays fall out of the race Kelly Johnson could be a target. If Brian Roberts gets back on the field healthy, he, too, could be the subject of trade rumors.

The Giants, however, need to stay in contention for any deal to make any sense. They start play Friday six games back in the division and four games back in the Wild Card hunt.

- Jason A. Churchill