There are 11 users in the forums

Lincecum

What is everyone's thoughts on Lincecum? He's not getting a lot of wins. I know some of that is not his fault. He's still striking guys out, but for whatever reason, he is just not winning games. Thoughts?
hes not getting alot of anything, its pretty disappointing when you keep hearing oh hes coming out of it, hes looking better hes almost there......boom today happens. his pitches are extremely hitable, and his balls are not fooling anyone and not even close. im just glad i didnt spend $600 to see him this weekend like i planed lol. i did last year when we lost to the diamondbacks 6-0, that was fun.

everyone has excuses, oh its the deal he signed or the deal the other guys signed or whatever. look at matt cain, its not that big a deal, just go out everyday and throw the f-in ball. this teams offense has been crap for years now, if it wasnt cain would be a 15-20 win guy every year, just look at what hes done.

when you see a guy like that whos your "#2", its gets frustrating to watch timmy "#1" do what hes been doing. personally i think he'll turn around, but until then, i might not be watching any of the games he starts, people might say that makes me not a real fan, but does anyone like hitting themselves in the balls with a hammer? cuz thats what its like watching him pitch right now.
I think he throws in Seattle and if he has a bad inning, he will miss a start. I am wondering how he is handling being the 4th Starter. Not the Ace.
If Timmy gets blown up in Seattle, he needs to be put on the DL with a phantom injury and sent to the minor leagues to try to figure things out. Clearly, what he is doing is not working, and he is hurting out team every time he is sent out there. Who would have thought that Timmy would be THE reason we arent in first place?
I really can't see them sending him down to the minors. Maybe taking him out of the rotation like you said to help him figure things out, but not going down to the minors. I don't know. Maybe this is just a slump, maybe something has gotten in his head ... I don't know. But you never no what you are going to get with this guy when he is going to pitch.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. this whole notion that he'll just work it out eventually is costing us games. he shouldnt go down to AAA but they should really consider putting him in the bullpen.
Originally posted by montanagiantsfan:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. this whole notion that he'll just work it out eventually is costing us games. he shouldnt go down to AAA but they should really consider putting him in the bullpen.

I think this is a good idea.
I think someone messed with his mechanics. Maybe MaryJane.
Originally posted by BigRon:

lol

THIS!!!

He's still got nasty stuff.... Just no control. It seems mental to me... I just hope he comes around!

Or maybe he stopped!

Its the weed. He needs the weed man

I think that he hasn't been using the MaryJane much as of late which is messing with his head. Pun not intended but it works too.

It could ALSO be that people are finally figuring him out. Yeah his stuff is still there but I'd like to see the numbers of swinging strikes to the correlation of pitch location. His stuff is so lethal hitters would just swing away trying to get their bat on something. That's how it was even up to last year. Now I wonder if Timmy is getting that kind of respect now. Are the hitters making the adjustments or is it in Timmy's head? I'd like to lean to the prior than the latter. You see someone often enough you're bound to make the adjustments eventually.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jun 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM ]
lol

ive noticed how when tims pitching wether its from the windup or stretch that this year when he rocks back and puts his pitching hand with the ball tward the ground that hes very forcefull and seems to be gripping it very hard and when i went back to highlights and old film even from last year he seemed allot for fluid or fluent with that particular part of his pitch of coarse this could have nothing to do with the overall problem
i dont think that its totally unreasonable that tim go to the bull pen i mean yesterday against the padres he pitched 4.2 innings and had 8 strikeouts!!!! yeah he allowed 5 runs but i think he would be an excellent 7, 8th inning guy to right handers. he is turning into a 90 91 mph fastball specialty guy.