There are 5 users in the forums

Matt Cain pitches a perfect game!

This deserved its own thread. What a performance. It could not happen to a better guy. Way to go Matt! Amazing!!
i know its been a while since the game ended..... but damn you for getting this up before me!!!!!!! lol i havent been able to move off my couch.......what a night, and im pretty angry that my mother in law and brother in law went to this game and i didnt, but man that was awesome. i remember being so disappointed in uribe when sanchez threw the no no, but that was sanchez. sure he was a giant but this was just right, it just feels right. no player on this team deserved this to happen to them other than matt cain. imo he has been the best pitcher on this team since hes been up, i love timmy but hes apparently a head case and goes up and down.

matt cain to me IS the giants. so humble, so steady and consistent, a starter on any team and one of the best pitchers in the game but always under the radar and on page 2. hes a rock in the clubhouse and on the mound, a horse, bulldog, leader whatever you want to call him. never complained about the lack of support around him, easily a 15-20 game winner if he did, but just goes out everyday and doesnt let anything phase him, just does his job. could not have happened to a better player and role model.

Super happy for Cain. After all the tough losses he's endured as a Giant, he absolutely deserves this.
Originally posted by kodiakgiant:
i know its been a while since the game ended..... but damn you for getting this up before me!!!!!!! lol i havent been able to move off my couch.......what a night, and im pretty angry that my mother in law and brother in law went to this game and i didnt, but man that was awesome. i remember being so disappointed in uribe when sanchez threw the no no, but that was sanchez. sure he was a giant but this was just right, it just feels right. no player on this team deserved this to happen to them other than matt cain. imo he has been the best pitcher on this team since hes been up, i love timmy but hes apparently a head case and goes up and down.

matt cain to me IS the giants. so humble, so steady and consistent, a starter on any team and one of the best pitchers in the game but always under the radar and on page 2. hes a rock in the clubhouse and on the mound, a horse, bulldog, leader whatever you want to call him. never complained about the lack of support around him, easily a 15-20 game winner if he did, but just goes out everyday and doesnt let anything phase him, just does his job. could not have happened to a better player and role model.

I have always favored Cain over Timmy because of basically what you pointed out. He just goes out and pitches.

This perfect game puts Cain in the national spotlight and while I am not glad Timmy is struggling, I think this and the perfect game will give Cain a lot of the credit he deserves in the national media.
Giants Pitchers need to tee off into the Cove before their start. Matty Bulldog tee'd one off courtesy of Sabes and throws the Perfecto!!!

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM ]
I like what you said kodiak. I think this really puts Cain in the spotlight and rightfully so. I think he defines the Giants more than Timmy and this only solidifies it. Cain just goes out and does his job without any baggage and is very solid. Could not have happened to a better Giant. Wry deserving.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL. Love it.

Way to Go Matt. First ever in the Franchise. Tied for most Ks in a perfecto with Koufax. Most runs ever in a Perfect game and Belt steals the ball. hahaha. What a game.
Video of every out from last night's perfect game
That last photo with the "K" in the background is classic.
matt cain is better than justin verlander
Anyone know where you can find this game online? The whole thing.