There are 4 users in the forums

WHICH TEAM HAS THE BEST STARTING ROTATION IN THE LEAGUE

WHICH TEAM HAS THE BEST STARTING ROTATION IN THE LEAGUE

I personally believe its the giants even with lincecum having an off year.

sorry if this should have been in the mlb talk
[ Edited by montanagiantsfan on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM ]
I don't think any of us will be biased......
Naw we're not biased if the even the East Coast Apologists agree with us. :)

I really don't want to see anyone bad mouth Zito any more. He's the difference between a Winning or Losing record where this team is concerned. Yeah he's had some bad days on the mound but without his Wins in '10 this team doesn't make the Playoffs even as a Wildcard team. If Timmy can get his stuff together, Zito will once again be the difference to whether or not the Gigantes make the Post Season.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Naw we're not biased if the even the East Coast Apologists agree with us. :)

I really don't want to see anyone bad mouth Zito any more. He's the difference between a Winning or Losing record where this team is concerned. Yeah he's had some bad days on the mound but without his Wins in '10 this team doesn't make the Playoffs even as a Wildcard team. If Timmy can get his stuff together, Zito will once again be the difference to whether or not the Gigantes make the Post Season.

~Ceadder

agree
I agree too... I don't know why or how he didn't do as with the A's, but I'm glad he's pitching better now. I mean even on the A's the guy posted a sub 3 era only twice. And only one was a full season. All the other years he was at a 3.5 and even once a 4.5. Only his Cy Young year was a year worthy of the contract he got. He had 20 something wins and an era of 2.75? Not to mention that was kind of a magic year for the A's anyway. But in no way would I ever consider him to be in the same category of Cain who is always has about a 3.00 era or lower. Or Bumgarner who is always right at 3.00. And of course Timmy, with the exception of this year he's been great. Actually his first year wasn't great as far as era's are concerned if I'm. Or mistaken he had over a 4.00 but more than one strikeout per inning pitched. So with that said if you take a look at Zito's time in Oakland and match him up with those three... He's still our fourth best pitcher. Whether his contract reflects that isn't his fault. I think it's funny that people complain about the fat contract he got then pitched crappy.... I never really cared its not like he did it on purpose and it's not like its my money. We still one a world series with him on the staff... Not that he played in it.

But I am glad he's pitching better for his sake and for the team. Sorry for the novel.... But I always felt Zito got screwed.... Except for $120 million part.