There are 4 users in the forums

Marco Scutaro

So... What do y'all think? I mean we didn't really lose anyone. But I will be mad if this takes away playing time from Crawford. I know he's a .270 hitter but Crawford is hitting .235 but looks like he's getting more comfortable at the plate. And Theriot is hitting .275 so if he replaces him that's just stupid.

Love to hear what you guys think
major upgrade over burriss on the bench, now you can be confident in all your middle infielders when they play. hes versatile, but i dont think he should replace anyone on a starting basis. hopeffully we can get some more pieces cuz through all the glimmer, im starting to feel like this team as it stands is just really not good enough. cant belive the amount of hits we get that are grounders, and how many ground outs this team has ESPECIALLY with runners on base. ps huff sucks thanks for wasting a roster spot for him...............

if you think im wrong just look at the 5th inning of todays game lol, double, strikout, popout, ground out inning over losing 3-0. same thing happened in the 2nd, leadoff gets to 2nd, cant even move em to 3rd. this team needs a REAL scoring threat
[ Edited by kodiakgiant on Jul 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]
Yeah sorry but I think you're wrong Kodiak.

Scudaro was brought in to give us another corner option for 1st and 3rd. I think that Burris could use some real time in the middle. But Boch never sticks with him. How can you get better at your position and at the plate if you aren't getting time on the field. Also Burris gives us a switch hitter with speed should the need arise where we can't lose Defense in the middle and we need a runner in late innings. Scudaro is a solid player and I'm glad we got him for virtually nothing but I don't believe that he's meant to replace Burris on the bench. Otherwise Burris would be gone already. Burris does everything that's why he's not been trade bait ala Lewis a couple years ago. I agree that Scudaro is the better Hitter of the two. But I think that Burris needs to see some more time on the field just like anyone else on an MLB Roster that is going to waste. Just like I think Scheirholtz needs some more time while Pagan is swinging .190 at the Dish. Boch needs to move Blanco to the Middle and let Scheirholtz do his thing in Right. Just my 2 pennies. ;)

~Ceadder
nate has been starting for a few games now, and im still not impressed, havent been since hes been on the team, although he was decent last year as the main guy. listen, there are just some guys that can hit, and some that cant. doesnt matter how many chances they get. burriss is one of those guys, his numbers in the minors arent anything special either. burriss isnt going down since panda got hurt but my moneys on him going down when he gets back. either him, huff or belt?

in the past 4 years, nate has played in 581 games and had 1017 abs. seems like alot more playing time than people say he gets. during that time, 261 avg 22hr.
[ Edited by kodiakgiant on Jul 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM ]
ps lol you got that wrong, burriss is a switch out lmao just like half this team, by the 6th inning today 11 ground outs of 20 abs. total for the game!= 32 abs, 13 go, 4k's, 6 flyouts, 4 popouts.......and drumroll! 5 hits, 2 of them were grounders!
Originally posted by kodiakgiant:
nate has been starting for a few games now, and im still not impressed, havent been since hes been on the team, although he was decent last year as the main guy. listen, there are just some guys that can hit, and some that cant. doesnt matter how many chances they get. burriss is one of those guys, his numbers in the minors arent anything special either. burriss isnt going down since panda got hurt but my moneys on him going down when he gets back. either him, huff or belt?

in the past 4 years, nate has played in 581 games and had 1017 abs. seems like alot more playing time than people say he gets. during that time, 261 avg 22hr.

.261 sure is a lot better than .190 that Pagan is getting.

Also Scudaro is hitting what .270? That's not much better at this point. Yup Burris really must suck considering his career Avg is .243 That's what 1 hit every 5 games or so?

Face it Boch doesn't use either players enough to get a good bearing on what they are or are not capable of. I'm not hating on Boch, but he tends to be a little too conservative at times. I don't see Huff staying up long, it makes no sense unless he goes off on the kind of tear that he started 2010 off with. I don't see that happening.

Like I pointed out Scudaro was probably brought in to work the Corners. Unless Sanchez is healthy then I can see Sanchez taking some time behind he Plate while Buster takes 1st Scudaro or Aramis taking 3rd. Depending if Crawford needs some time to Rest. That kid has really been the surprise of the season imho.

I'm not saying that Manny Burriss is lights out but he does give this team some speed and can switch hit. I just think that we need to put him out there and give him a chance to make or break it. This team seriously needs to fish or cut bait with a few of the players that are up in the air like this. I'm tired of seeing players go unused and languishing on the bench. Play em or ship em. Let's be done with this style of player/roster management.

~Ceadder
i feel the same way, crawford has been better, but we can do better. huff is a joke now and just needs to go, 11 mil to sit on the bench or bat 180 with weak defense? no thanks. belt is inconsistent at best and guys like nate could be starting on other teams. so trade em or send em down. we need consistent mainstays not leadoff doubles followed by a strikeout and 2 groundouts. like i eluded to above, this team is a lineup of groundouts and non clutch hitting. no real power and no gap power anywhere. there is no one on this team that can hurt an opponent like i saw with walker and mccutchen when pit came to town. and guys like kemp and tulo and cargo in our own division. and with the pitching lately and this series with the dodgers, im starting to get real nervous about the rest of the year. sure wish we had beltrans numbers right now, but hey why raise the cap a couple mil to fit a good hitter. especially when you have 140+ sellouts and merchandise galore with beards hair and pandas everywhere
I THINK ITS A GREAT PICK UP!
Its an ok pickup. Especially since we have had zero production from our regular first base options. - minus Buster of course.
Sooooooo.... This worked out no?? Haha dude hes a stud!
Originally posted by Pepper:
Sooooooo.... This worked out no?? Haha dude hes a stud!

i wish he was 5 years younger! he has been known to be mr dependable in white hot situations
Worst trade ever!!! Damn!!!!