There are 2 users in the forums

what do you guys think

before the game tonight i think to myself, does this team have enough to be in playoff contention? is melky going to be coming back to the giants AND do you want him back.

playoff contention i think is looking pretty thin. with LA up front, the nats, pit, the cards, braves and even the d-backs moving up im feeling a little down right now but it could just be what happened a couple days ago still lingering.

i dont think the giants will bring him back based solely on the way mlb and media will look at the orginization, not what he did or that he might not put up the same numbers.

and hell yes i want him back! he used test, boo hoo, can you seriously sit there and think that he is the only player doing that or using some other cutting edge substance they havent been able to catch. drinking a protein shake is not natural, using ultrasound to heal muscles is not natural, so i dont want to hear this bs about god given talent and not using some sort of modifier to make you better or being against the rules. steroids are illegal cuz of some chump in utah a long time ago, they are banned in the game for that reason. most "drugs" classified as "steroids" are actually very beneficial and a lot of them are used medically..... ALOT.

what say you comrades
Want him back? Let me repeat your sentiment.... HELL YES! And we'd get one hell of a bargain too! Personally I think MLB should establish a system that allows usage of some steroids, and they should govern the amounts and substance used. Like you said some steroids can be and are beneficial. All they really do is allow you to work harder. They dont instantly make you stronger. I'm sure someone will get pissed about the integrity of baseball being harmed but as far as I can see baseball as we know it has never had integrity. And what is it teaching our kids? If baseball molds your kids, well I'm sorry but they have more to worry about them taking steroids. Politicians run our country and they do a lot worse then Melky Cabrera injecting himself with modified hormones to hit a ball harder. So if your gonna say that we can't let baseball players "cheat" because it sends a bad message to our kids then we have to stop going to the voting booths and giving these "model citizen" politicians their power.

As far as the MLB and the media looking at the Giants poorly on bringing him back, I think for them it will be business as usual. Media already use the Guants as a poster boy for steroid use. And someone's gonnna sign him... Might as well be us.... For cheap!

I think the Giants have a solid chance at making a playoff run. If Lincecum can get his old self back then I think we have a really good chance. Buster is playing out of his mind, and it's not a fluke cause he's been like that pretty much his whole life. So I'm sure it will continue! I am a little worried about the closer situation, I really like Affeldt there but who knows if he can actually close games consistently. I'm gonna make a prediction, Brandon Crawford is gonna get hot and blow us all away!! We shall see... It's gonna be fun.. C'mon don't we all miss the TORTURE?
oh man i didnt even think about the back end......yeah casilla aint cuttin it and going by committee is bad juju. and honestly i do miss the torture.

can this team still win the west OR even make the playoffs with the team we have? right now, i dont know if its the depression of the melk situation, but i wasnt feeling it until last night. with the dodgers having the should have been mvp last year, hanley hitting everything that moves, kershaw and the other moves they made. arizona is coming on and that is only our division! theres the nats and the braves, one of those will get a wild card, the cards and pit are contending with s and dodgers for the 2nd spot. if the offense keeps producing it will be fine i think. this is what it looks like right now.......

119 games

9th in NL w 511 runs - 4.29 rpg
6th in NL w 477 runs against - 4.00 rpg

dont let the recent 4.29 or +34 in the runs column fool you though, that series against colorado and last night changed the disparity of those numbers big time. we need more consistent offense (even magnified now that melky is gone) and the pitching needs to tighten up. remember the "give us 4 runs and we'll win the division"? that only works if you dont allow 4 runs a game.....which is what we are averaging. after these next 2 series we will hopefully be in a better place to consider what is what but 1st place again is nice lol
our pitching needs to get better, im not worried about how many runs we get a game because i know its at least above 4. lately our starting pitching has been flakey from one guy to the next - which is typical around this time of year but if we wanna get into the playoffs i only wanna get there if were hitting on all cylinders
I want Melky back but I don't see it happening. I read somewhere that the Front Office is not a bunch of happy campers right now. :/

~Ceadder
How do you feel now Kodiak? That had to lift your Melky depression a little bit!! Sure as hell made me feel good to go into L.A. Without Melky.... While they had all their guys and still wipe our a$$es with that horrendous Dodger uniform! By the way when I said Brandon Crawford in my last post I meant to say Joaquin Arias. Haha
pitching pitching pitching
Originally posted by Pepper:
How do you feel now Kodiak? That had to lift your Melky depression a little bit!! Sure as hell made me feel good to go into L.A. Without Melky.... While they had all their guys and still wipe our a$$es with that horrendous Dodger uniform! By the way when I said Brandon Crawford in my last post I meant to say Joaquin Arias. Haha

i felt amazing specially after big z mopped up the braves! then this morning i wake up and get a report that the dodgers potentially putting together a deal getting AGon......beckett and crawford from boston. damn these guys will just not stop!

on one hand that is A SH!* load of money the dodgers are potentially taking on and crawford wont play until next year, which means victorino probably wont be resigned by LA. but on the other hand they pick up adrian gonz who has always been a monster on the best coast, and i think beckett would turn around being in a good place: not in boston on the crap east coast, in playoff contention, in a pitchers park, not facing the DH and with an org turning the franchise around do everything/anything possible to become a winner. in a sense, the dodgers are turning into the west coast yankees now that they are getting that huge TV deal and apparently dont care about money.

im feeling pretty confident we still make the post season this year and prolly have a good run. but some things better change if we are going to contend after this year with whats going on in looser wood.

oh ps, im officially starting the Bring Back Melky Campaign!
[ Edited by kodiakgiant on Aug 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM ]
yes i want him back. He took us all by storm, led us thru the 1st 117 games of the 2012 season. Bring him back on a one year deal and let him prove his worth with a clean slate. Screw the MLB's and the media's perception.

The commisioners' office of MLB is a joke regardless. And anyone with an inkling of intelligence cant see this. Ryan Braun's suspension was overturned due to a technicality in the testing process. A month before the season began, MLB fires the the independent arbitrator who overturned the Braun ruling. Thats MLB basically saying, "there will be no more of that." or "How dare you oppose us?."

Selig and his goons are at it again.

Thank God for mortality!!

Bring Back Melky! Bring Back Melky!!!
I can do better than that...^^^^

It's not my best....

My brain is tired...

I need a "cup of coffee"

BANNED!!!!!!