There are 4 users in the forums

Brian Wilson

So the ESPN rumor is that he may end up in.... A f**kin Dodger uniform?!?!?!? Anyone else not okay with that!
he bed'not
I had not heard that yet. Man, how much would it suck to see him in that uniform every time we play them? Is this just a rumor or is there some fact backing it up?
And I guess that they can probably outbid a lot of teams for players due to that new TV contract.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
And I guess that they can probably outbid a lot of teams for players due to that new TV contract.

280 million a year for 25 years
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
I had not heard that yet. Man, how much would it suck to see him in that uniform every time we play them? Is this just a rumor or is there some fact backing it up?

Has he signed yet? It would suck to see him sign with the Dodgers but with Sergio Romo in the fold, how many closers can the Giants have? I would much prefer the Giants use that money to sign somebody who can hit with power. Even while winning the 2012 WS, the Giants had the fewest HRs in the Majors. With the Dodgers off season, it's might be hard for them to repeat as NL West Champs, much less win the WS again.
I read last month that while Wilson really wanted to play for the Dodgers, the feeling was not mutual and the Dodgers really didn't have much interest in him.
This board is as dead as a door nail. Surely there must be something Giants' related to talk about. I guess it will heat up during spring training.
Yup. Not too much to talk about right now.
I take most things ESPN related ... lightly ...

Wilson is/has found out that most team are treating him the way Sabean did - "we don't know if you can pitch, so we're not going to offer you a mega dollar deal". Sabean said they discussed a low base, high incentive deal that Wilson refused. Then I read that the Mets and a couple other teams (though nothing of this LAD rumor since the original ESPN "reporting") were also a maybe interested, but for a similar deal option.

Wilson doesn't get that he's not going to get the big buck after sitting for a season (while getting 8.5M....) and still not able to pitch. But his ego has likely gotten the best of him.. or his agent.

I think if/when he signs, it will more likely be to a low base/high incentive deal, or sometime after the AS break, when he's shown he can still pitch.
Do you guys think Timmy Lincecum is still going to be part of the starting rotation? He's had two sub par seasons in a row as a starter; but it would surely be nice to have him back to form in the rotation.
To start off, I think he will. I still think that he is a big part of the franchise. He'd have to lose the job.
I already miss the beard. He is definitely an upgrade over Casilla. I think we didn't sign him because of the injury and the money owed this season right?
[ Edited by BayArea on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM ]