There are 8 users in the forums

Giants' Las Vegas odds to repeat: 14-1

Odds-makers are setting the Giants' chances to repeat at 14-1.

There are five teams have higher odds, including the Toronto Blue Jays (7-1), Detroit Tigers (8-1), Los Angeles Dodgers (17-2), Washington Nationals (17-2), and the Los Angeles Angels (9-1).

Thoughts?
Considering what the Dodgers have done in the Giants' own division, I would say those odds aren't bad.

Then again, the Yankees spend oodles of money on "superstar" players. It hasn't seemed to work.

The Giants still need BATS, however, if they are going to repeat.
Well the Yankees did it just a few years ago, so you never know. I think we have more chemistry than anyone else in our division and that goes a long way. If the Dodgers get any sort of chemistry going, that could be a big problem.
I love odds.. just guesses with numbers!
But even more interesting if you want to put some money down on the Giants in Vegas.
not really my thing though..
Dodgers up there makes me laugh straight up. Is that the same team that plays great the first half of the season the blows the second half? Even though I kind of expect a world series slump from us I still don't put much credit on the Dodgers winning the division even.
I actually think that it will be a fight between the two teams for the division. I think we have more chemistry, which can win you a lot of games.
I hope you're right, GiantsFan. It sure would be nice to whip the Dodgers again (and I'm not talking about the 10-8 in head to head games we had last season). I mean winning the NL West again.
Originally posted by semicolin:
I hope you're right, GiantsFan. It sure would be nice to whip the Dodgers again (and I'm not talking about the 10-8 in head to head games we had last season). I mean winning the NL West again.

Well, we'll get an early look. We open up against them in Los Angeles.
A lot of people saying that the Giants won't win the NL West. Good thing predictions mean nothing and you have to play the games.
I like these odds, especially for a team that is considered "flukey" when it comes to postseason play (sudden timely hitting, shutdown pitching from unlikely sources, etc.). Maybe when we win it AGAIN, we'll get the rest of the respect that we deserve.

Oh, and the Dodgers may fish around for a postseason berth most of the year but they won't be dominant. Money can't buy perennial postseason success, unless you're the Yankees.
You'd think two of the last three World Series would earn some respect by itself.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
You'd think two of the last three World Series would earn some respect by itself.

You would think so. Apparently, not the case. Sad, sad, sad.