There are 3 users in the forums

Official 2013 Spring Training Thread

I figured I would start this up.
Greetings fellow Giants fans!

I have to say it's good to finally have something to talk about, after a mostly uneventful off-season... well.. minus the parade and all

I don't really know how much will come of this ST since barring injury, the roster is mostly set, with only 3-4 spots up for grabs. But it is giving us a good look at what we have in the farm system, and who we may have to call upon to step up as the season gets going. The WBC should give the kids even more exposure to us fans as well, so that's always a bonus.

And today is the return to the MLBtv video feed, so we'll get to see all those crazy jersey numbers!!
It is always fun to see the development in spring training.

Wait, is your username "French Dip" minus the vowels? LOL.
It is.. nickname given way back when in high school.. guess it just stuck

better than some of the other things I was called
So does anybody here have any preferences on who makes the OD25?
Can't wait for the real season to start. We open up in Dodger Stadium again April 1.
You know, it is tough to judge how the Giants are going to look from Spring Training because of the WBC. To me, Heath Hembree and Gary Brown have been a bit disappointing. I have not seen much potential out of the farm system.
The Giants are in win now mode. Since the farm system doesn't appear to be much good right now, they will have to rely on trades and/or FA signings to restock, at least until they can draft players with potential.