There are 2 users in the forums

What do we do about Timmy?

What do we do about Timmy?

In regard to the 3rd option: It's my understanding that if we were to make him a competitive offer and he leaves, we'd get a 1st round pick from his new team. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.
I'd love for him to stay on the team, but the bottom line is that he is not producing at the level we would hope. If he does leave, I would hope that we could get something for him.
Looks like he'll be testing free agency. The reports are saying that he wants to see the Mariners offer; which sucks for us because their draft pick is protected if he does sign.

I wanted him back also, but for a reasonable price. It sort of sounds like he's ready to move on.
Well there has to be a lot of question marks on whether or not he can return to form from previous years. He has been average at best and I am not sure that the Giants are willing to invest that kind of money in someone that may not be what he once was. Someone out there will though.
Looks like Timmy's coming back. He signed a 2 year deal, and although the specifics haven't been announced, they're saying 2 yrs. $35 million and a no trade clause.

I'm pretty happy to have him back, and I think the deal is more or less fair for both sides.

Now, we need another starter.
Yeah. It is a fair deal. He is one of the faces of the franchise. With that said, hopefully he can regain his former form.
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
In regard to the 3rd option: It's my understanding that if we were to make him a competitive offer and he leaves, we'd get a 1st round pick from his new team. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Sign him for two years and 35 million?
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Sign him for two years and 35 million?

Done! LOL.