There are 6 users in the forums

Official Giants at Dodgers series thread - starts 4/4/14

Originally posted by lvtent:
Pretty much what I expected with Cain.... He has no chance against a good lineup while opposing a decent pitcher.... He's at best a #3 now.... but because of his contract and the general mediocrity of the rest of this staff he has to be a #2.... We have to hope the Dodgers implode cause this could be over by June....

Have you been watching the games?

it's clear so far that the offense is carrying this team. Our starting pitching needs to be just pretty good for us to be a winning team and we will be OK.

Our Pen is still very good. 1-7 is solid in the lineup.
Yeah. I think that the offense is doing a good job so far. I've liked what I have seen. If we can keep it up, our pitching does not need to be better than theirs. They are going to win a lot of games, but I think we can too.
It's been good to see the hitting doing well so far but there is no chance they keep this pace up.... Pagan is out of his mind right now, Belt is on fire, and they have played 7 games games on the road.... 4 against one of the worst teams in all of baseball with a horrific bullpen in a hitter friendly park.... The hitting will regress back to what it should be and this will put the pitching front and center.... Getting back to AT&T should help the pitching.... but Cain can't be .500 with a +4.00 ERA this year if there is any hope of winning the division or wild card.... The back end of the rotation is a highly compensated disaster right now with Lincecum and Vogelson... If Cain doesn't get right, it's over....