There are 2 users in the forums

Official Padres at Giants series thread - starts 4/28/14

Monday, April 28 - Padres - 7:15 PM - Bumgarner vs Ross
Tuesday, April 29 - Padres - 7:15 PM - Cain vs Stults
Wednesday, April 30 - Padres - 7:15 PM - Hudson vs Erlin
Time to get some payback against Ross, who shut us down pretty good in San Diego. I love all of these pitching matchups. Our top three guys. We should at least take two out of three, but I'm holding out hope for a sweep and a seven game win streak heading into a tough road stretch.
Padres can pitch.... Can't hit.... But their arms will keep them in the games.... We will find out about this team over the next couple weeks.... Have to end this home stand strongly or the weekend was all for naught.... Then the Braves awesome staff.... All on Cain.... He needs to pull his weight.... Have to win while the Dodgers aren't playing that well.... They are getting Kershaw back.... Here's to hoping Pablo gets fat again.... For real....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
I find it hard to criticize Bum.... He's a decent two or a high end three forced into the number one roll.... I have lower expectations for him.... Cain on the other hand should be better.... He's killing this staff with his lack of leadership and performance.... He's had some lack of run support at times.... But crap like his last start is embarrassing.... He should get his first W tonight against a team he normally owns.... at home against a team that hasn't won a series here in their last nine tries.... This a five star play.... I give it here for free.... cause I care....

Petit in.... 3 1/2 star game.... Does Petit come out of the rotation?....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
Wait, Cain cut himself in the kitchen before the game? This just isn't his season.
Score one for the kitchen knife.... Hudson needs to finish this series strongly.... Posey getting back on track.... Skinny guy at third still lost.... Tough trip coming up.... New month upon us.... Let's see how real this team is.... Somebody needs to get Wally Pipped....
Do you guys really think we will fall apart? Can we keep winning? It's tough to say.
Originally posted by madbuster:
Do you guys really think we will fall apart? Can we keep winning? It's tough to say.

It's all about the starting pitching.... 25 of the first 28 against division foes.... and they went 14-11.... very nice.... but can this flawed staff keep it up.... A 38 year old Hudson has been the ace.... Bum has been mediocre.... Cain disappointing.... and Lincecum and Voglesong very replaceable.... Sabean obviously was counting on bounce back years from Cain/Lincecum/Voglesong to compete.... I think he was both lazy and flawed in assessing the reality of this pitching staff.... He needs to find another consistent starter.... the bullpen has been good.... Romo walks a thin line....

Pagan staying healthy is also a key.... and filling that void at 3rd base has to be addressed....Posey and Pence will hit.... Belt will be decent.... Hicks is showing some pop although pitchers will adjust to this power outburst....

As much as we want to believe that they can compete with the Dodgers.... this is going to be a tough freaking task.... Kershaw is coming back.... that team has not imploded.... and their keeping it close while their bats are still cool.... and they playing like garbage at home.... that will change....

If the Giants go 65/35 @ home and 50/50 on the road.... we'll see some type of playoff game.... and they are a touch above that pace through the first 28.... Don't discount Colorado.... I think a healthy Tulo will help keep them in it for the duration....

Matt Cain.... this is what it boils down to for me.... you can not compensate for three sub par starters.... especially when one of them should be your leader and ace.... and this is not Bum's role.... he has been miscast out of necessity.... and I think we all know the Lincecum ship has sailed.... Cain has to find it.... and find it quickly.... or this team will not be there in the end....