There are 5 users in the forums

Official Giants at Dodgers series thread - starts 5/8/14

Thursday, May 8 - @Dodgers - 7:10 PM - Vogelsong vs Beckett
Friday, May 9 - @Dodgers - 7:10 PM - Bumgarner vs Maholm
Saturday, May 10 - @Dodgers - 1:10 PM - vs Greinke
Sunday, May 11 - @Dodgers - 1:10 PM - Hudson vs Kershaw

4 game series! Let's win this one and stay in first! So far, we own the Dodgers this year.
Look.... It's been a good run.... But it's about to get real.... Need to take 1 of these games to make this road trip a success.... Remember the formula.... 65/35 and 50/50.... Need to get that game before Sunday.... Cause we might as well fly out on Saturday night.... Need a bench, a 3rd baseman, and starting pitching help.... Sabean is still celebrating 2012.... So he might not notice.... Haters going to hate.... I hate Ohio....
Well, there is your win. I actually think that we take at least one more.
Last night was huge.... and clearly our best chance for another win comes tonight.... cause this weekend will be tough sledding against Cy Young caliber pitching.... trying to figure out whats going to be more important.... whining loudly with the other HOF's about our dissatisfaction with the Niners third round pick on the Zone.... or watching this game.... tough choice.... maybe I can multitask.... anyway.... Bumgarner has pitched well against the Dodgers in his career.... he's 1-1 this year.... but he has the ability to shut this lineup down.... Dodgers will stack right handers.... so expect to see Van Slyke in place of Crawford.... just keep the ball down.... locate well.... play solid defense.... get some timely hits.... easy as that.... blah, blah, blah.... actually listened to Vin Scully call the game last night on MLB Network... and I have to say that the man is truly great at his craft.... I know he's a Dodger and I was born to dislike him.... but he drops knowledge if you really listen.... and not just about the Dodgers.... he is a legend.... I now know more than I ever wanted to know about our skinny third base occupiers scar....
[ Edited by lvtent on May 9, 2014 at 4:13 PM ]
Earth to Sabean.... You're on the clock.... tough loss of Belt.... Morse and Posey and a prayer.... Call up Colvin has shown some pop.... again.... say a prayer.... an eye for an eye.... but it shouldn't be Puig.... that's a smokescreen.... taking out Gonzales or Ramirez would be better long term for the Giants.... getting caught up in the Puig BS only serves to help the Dodgers.... they need to stir things up to get in the Giants heads right now.... a far more talented team getting consistently beat by inferior opposition leads to extreme frustration.... playing with house money right now the next two games.... sometimes.... you just don't know what you don't know....
If we can win tomorrow, then that will be another great series against the Dodgers.
We should have left town tonight.... There is about a snowballs chance in hell that the Giants can win tomorrow.... To put this in NFL perspective.... Giants would be a 17 point dog.... Hopefully this Belt loss won't continue to affect the team beyond tomorrow.... Listening to Baer talk today was laughable.... Sabean has no plan.... Unless Travis Ishikawa floats your boat.... I think we have a great shot at a wildcard if we can survive the next six weeks.... Matt Cain is stealing..... Another great Sabean move.....
LOL. Are we in first place or last place? I can't tell by the posts.
Crazy.... Tell me Bochy wasn't mailing it in.... Start Arias, Adrianza and Perez.... Get nothing out of them.... And still beat the Dodgers.... Score three off Kershaw.... Have Romo give up another 9th inning bomb to Ramirez.... And still beat the Dodgers.... Something is going right.... Nothing wrong with being wrong for me.... Grounds me a little.... Starting pitching has been on point.... Hudson is a stud....Sabean actually deserves some credit.... Braves coming to town.... Lincecum needs to perform.... Don't mess up the momentum.... I post from a place of peace tonight....
That's what I am talking about. Three out of four! Fantastic series!
I gotta say, nothing more satisfying that a Giants win against the Dodgers, especially when Kershaw is the SP. Happy camper.
Still don't like the bullpen blowing it two games in a row. Fortunately, they won in 10 on Sunday after the Dodgers tied it in the bottom of the ninth. The pen blew it on Saturday wasting a good effort by Cain.

The Giants are going to have to have good bullpen work going forward, especially with Belt out for six weeks.

It does look like Pablo Sandoval may be coming out of his slump (fingers crossed).