There are 5 users in the forums

Official Marlins at Giants series thread - starts 5/15/14

Thursday, May 15 - Marlins - 7:15 PM - Cain vs Eovaldi
Friday, May 16 - Marlins - 7:15 PM - Hudson vs Alvarez
Saturday, May 17 - Marlins - 6:05 PM - Lincecum vs Koehler
Sunday, May 18 - Marlins - 1:05 PM - Vogelsong vs Turner

First place Giants take on the Marlins next.
This is eerily similar to last year.... Except for the fact that Miami is actually a whole lot better.... Miami has made a habit of ruining our years lately.... last year they started our decline.... They busted Poseys ankle a couple years before that.... They own us in SF.... AT&T could be called Marlins park at 3rd and King.... Need a big time performance from Cain and some run support.... Not sure if Cain can deliver.... Would be nice to see him get in a groove and use this as a springboard.... Hudson being scratched tomorrow makes this game bigger than life....
Cain finally gets his first win. He could have been pulled early in the game (when the Giants were behind 4-1) but they stuck with him... I think because he had not had a W yet this season. Cain is too good of a pitcher to continue this way.

Hope Hudson only misses the one start. It would be ashamed to lose him in the starting rotation for any length of time.
Great start.... Petit tonight.... Tough Marlins offense.... He's pitched well for the Giants in spot duty.... Our third baseman is even hitting.... Win tonight.... Then attack the weekend.... On second thought.... Petit blows.... Thank goodness for last night cause we about to lose three in a row....
[ Edited by lvtent on May 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM ]
This Marlins team is no joke.... Especially here in San Francisco.... We are 4-12 against these guys here since 2009.... There is not a team the Giants should fear more than the Marlins.... I hate this series.... Lincecum is coming off a masterpiece for him lately.... Giants feed off it.... Need this game for mental health purposes....
This team worries me.... This team is not built to win over 162 games..... This first quarter of the season was Sabean simply getting lucky despite his laziness..... The starting pitching is not good enough.... The bench is Mondays garbage.... The hitting has exceeded reasonable expectations..... When this goes south.... It's going quick.... Like fourth place quick.... I suspect we are on that path....
[ Edited by lvtent on May 18, 2014 at 1:51 AM ]
I'll take the split.... Better than the alternative for sure.... The best organizations stay consistent through periods of change.... I wonder if we have experienced change.... Or are we just holding on.... desperately trying to delay change.... unprepared for the inevitable.... From one brutal series to the next.... Rockies get us at home.... This will be tough.... Bum maybe.... Cain no chance.... Hudson if healthy a toss up.... The Rockies will be there to the end this year.... Hopefully damaging the Dodgers.... while we stay a step ahead....
The Giants usually do not play well against the Marlins, so the split of a 4-game series is OK. Vogelsong pitched well Sunday, even though Miami had three starters benched for rest.

Have to win at least one game in Colorado to remain ahead of the Rockies in the standings. Winning the first game in the series would go a long way toward instilling confidence.
[ Edited by semicolin on May 19, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]
First game is critical.... especially with Bum on the mound.... this is a tough series in a place where games can get away from you fast.... the Rockies are feeling good and playing well.... I have been impressed with what they have done so far.... the Marlins are just a team we struggle against.... everybody has those teams.... the problem is those type of teams can put you into a tailspin that takes awhile to get out of.... that is why I hate following that series up with a trip to Colorado.... because Colorado is not a comfortable place to play.... Cain gave a terrible effort last time out there.... not even sure what I expect from him anymore.... it's truly amazing that the Giants have compiled the record they have given what they have in the starting rotation.... I think this rotations is 2 years past its prime.... it's best pitcher Hudson is an old man in a baseball sense.... it's number 1 pitcher is really a low end 2 or high 3.... the rest are a cluster of question marks.... roll with it.... with your fingers crossed.... ultimately.... there will be no middle ground with this team....
Originally posted by semicolin:
The Giants usually do not play well against the Marlins, so the split of a 4-game series is OK. Vogelsong pitched well Sunday, even though Miami had three starters benched for rest.

Have to win at least one game in Colorado to remain ahead of the Rockies in the standings. Winning the first game in the series would go a long way toward instilling confidence.

Agreed. This next series is critical. Staying ahead of everyone else could give this team a lot of confidence.