There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants at Cardinals series thread - starts 5/29/14

Thursday, May 29 - @Cardinals - 5:15 PM - Vogelsong vs Garcia
Friday, May 30 - @Cardinals - 5:15 PM - Bumgarner vs Wainwright
Saturday, May 31 - @Cardinals - 11:15 AM - Cain vs Wacha
Sunday, June 1 - @Cardinals - 11:15 AM - Hudson vs Lynn
I'm sorry, but Sergio Romo scares the **** out of me. I really thought he was going to blow that save in the ninth. He came too close to blowing it for my taste.

But, a road win is a good win anyway.
[ Edited by semicolin on May 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM ]
Nice win.... Getting that first one is big.... I would view a 4-3 road trip as a good accomplishment.... Romo walks a thin line.... If the slider isn't on point he's going to get crushed.... There is something I like about Romo from a character standpoint.... I think this helps him through troubled times.... Wouldn't be opposed to seeing the closing duties shared on occasion.... Situationally.... I believe it would be better for the team.... Need Casilla back.... Loving fat boy slim right now.... I've almost come around 180 on him.... Morse just mashing.... Keep rolling....
The Giants actually hitting with power is a pleasant surprise... even to Bochy. When they won the WS in 2012 they had the fewest HRs of any team in the majors. Timely hitting, and scoring runs with two outs is par for the course for this team. Vogelsong, who had been pitching extremely well, regressed last night, but every pitcher has a bad outing now and then. As far as Romo is concerned, I still think maybe someone who throws harder needs to be the closer, and use Romo as a setup man. I know he has only blown two save chances out of 19 (one of which the Giants eventually won) but he still scares me out there in the ninth with less than a 3-run lead.
[ Edited by semicolin on May 30, 2014 at 7:27 AM ]
Barring a complete collapse... looks like the Giants are going to take the first two in St. Louis. Good outing for Bumgarner, who hadn't done really well against the Cardinals in the past.
Game 2 of the series over now. Another 7-inning gem by Madison Bumgarner... 3 hits, one walk, 10 Ks.

The Giants cannot lose the four game series now. Hopefully, they get another win either Saturday or Sunday and win the series. Being 17 games above .500 is really good for the end of May.
Great game last night.... Bum pitched like an ace.... Giants are ripping the ball and getting good pitching.... Wainwright had been Cy Young good prior to last night.... Pagan as the catalyst has been huge.... This has been a way beyond expectations start for the Giants.... While facing some decent adversity....

Not going to mention next month by name.... Because it has become a period of time that Giant fans have learned to dread.... I have died multiple times during this month.... My heart ripped from my chest on a frequent basis.... I don't want to die again.... I don't want to suffer the indignity of being laughed at by those wearing that wretched shade of blue.... While I lie helpless.... Blood gushing from the empty cavity that once contained my heart.... Just need to get through it on a positive note.... I need it.... My health depends on it....
Tough game yesterday.... as soon as Taveras hit that homer it seemed destined for St. Louis.... chance to pick up the series win today with Hudson.... Holiday and Molina have hit him well.... taking this series would be very nice.... and would mean that they need only one in Cincinnati for a winning road trip.... today starts the dreaded month.... 26 games.... 17 at home.... to decide if July is about baseball.... or bashing Vernon Davis for not getting his ass into training camp....
Just thought about it.... Did some deep soul searching.... I'm going to bash Vernon Davis anyway if he continues on this no show path.... I just want it to be secondary to talking about a successful Giants summer....
3 out of 4 in St.Louis is OK by me. Giants will still have at least a 6 1/2 game lead (7 in the loss column) at the end of the day, depending on what happens between the Pirates and Dodgers tonight. Brandon Belt may be more anxious than ever to get back in the lineup and at first base.
I'm a sucka for cornrows and manicured toes.... And beating the Card-nos.... On the ro-oad.... Andele, Andele mami.... E I E I.... uh oh.... The Giants rule the road....

3 out of 4.... Hudson is my hero today.... On to Cincy where we have dropped 10 of the last 11 regular season games.... Let's burn down this house of horrors....
Originally posted by lvtent:
I'm a sucka for cornrows and manicured toes.... And beating the Card-nos.... On the ro-oad.... Andele, Andele mami.... E I E I.... uh oh.... The Giants rule the road....

3 out of 4.... Hudson is my hero today.... On to Cincy where we have dropped 10 of the last 11 regular season games.... Let's burn down this house of horrors....

It's just too bad Dusty Baker is not still the Reds' manager. It would have been nice to stick it to him. I still can't forgive him for blowing the 2002 WS against the Angels, when he took Russ Ortiz out with a 5-run lead, and put in the bullpen which promptly blew the game, and would have been the clinching game for the Giants had they won it.
Originally posted by semicolin:

It's just too bad Dusty Baker is not still the Reds' manager. It would have been nice to stick it to him. I still can't forgive him for blowing the 2002 WS against the Angels, when he took Russ Ortiz out with a 5-run lead, and put in the bullpen which promptly blew the game, and would have been the clinching game for the Giants had they won it.

As a Giant fan, it really doesn't get more painful than that.... Thunder sticks, rally monkeys.... And Dusty awarding Ortiz the game ball as he walked off the mound.... We all instantly knew that was a tragic mistake.... Everybody screamed, "NO!".... There was zero excitement or anticipation for game 7.... The season had already ended....
As a Giant fan, it really doesn't get more painful than that.... Thunder sticks, rally monkeys.... And Dusty awarding Ortiz the game ball as he walked off the mound.... We all instantly knew that was a tragic mistake.... Everybody screamed, "NO!".... There was zero excitement or anticipation for game 7.... The season had already ended....

Oh man. How did this come up? What a terrible memory. I remember thinking, "We're never going to win anything."
Originally posted by madbuster:

Oh man. How did this come up? What a terrible memory. I remember thinking, "We're never going to win anything."

I think this brought me to the point of acceptance.... we were never going to be anything other than the west coast lovable losers.... The Dbacks, The Marlins twice, The Blue Jays twice.... it was very tough to take watching other teams win it all.... My wish became 'Just one before I die'.... the last out of the 2010 World Series is something I will never forget.... I expected to be hit by a bus the next day.... but I was cool with it....