There are 4 users in the forums

Official Mets at Giants series thread - starts 6/6/14

Friday, June 6 - Mets - 7:15 PM - Cain vs Niese
Saturday, June 7 - Mets - 7:05 PM - Hudson vs Colon
Sunday, June 8 - Mets - 1:05 PM - Lincecum vs Wheeler

New York up next.
Giants won the first one. Matt Cain pitched really well, even though he didn't get the W.
If Matt Cain is back to his old self (I know, it takes more than one good outing)... with Bumgarner, Hudson, and Vogelsong pitching well, the only starter we will have to worry about is Timmy Lincecum.
Originally posted by semicolin:
If Matt Cain is back to his old self (I know, it takes more than one good outing)... with Bumgarner, Hudson, and Vogelsong pitching well, the only starter we will have to worry about is Timmy Lincecum.

I think we need to pick up another pitcher.... I would prefer a starter as opposed to a bullpen guy.... Because strangely enough I think that Lincecum would perform well out of the pen.... Despite the fact that he has control issues as a starter sometimes.... He has one to two inning shutdown stuff.... We seen it in the 2012 playoffs.... Lincecum with a career resurrection as a late game reliever....
[ Edited by lvtent on Jun 7, 2014 at 6:30 PM ]
Cain threw well last night.... Need to see some consistency before I come around on him.... But it was a positive.... Posey with the big bomb.... Dirty chic was clutch again.... Romo was nice.... Hudson vs. Colon.... The guy built on cheeseburgers and steroids.... What a combo.... But who am I to judge.... I would take two needles a day if it meant getting the kind of money these guys get.... What's 50 games when you can get 50 million.... Cause in the end.... nobody cares....
[ Edited by lvtent on Jun 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM ]
Giants were really lucky in game 2. Hudson didn't have his best stuff, but Mets' miscues rescued the Giants. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Mets.
When teams are hot they find ways to win.... Nice.... Hudson wasn't sharp at all.... But Angel Pagan was.... He's probably the Giants MVP right now.... Morse is just a monster.... Opportunity for Lincecum to get right against the Mets.... He's 5-1 against them in his career.... Zack Wheeler gets a chance to haunt us.... Part of the terrible trade for Carlos Beltran.... The Giants had to make a deal then.... But wrong player, wrong park....
[ Edited by lvtent on Jun 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Giants take all 3 games from the Mets... now on to a tougher opponent in the Nationals. Giants don't play well historically against the Nationals. Lets see what happens.
Nice sweep.... Especially given the fact that the Mets had won 5 straight at AT&T prior to this.... Lincecum settled down after the rocky start.... Romo looked like money again.... Pence is not a guy you want charging the mound on you.... Nats can be tough.... Tied for first and playing well.... Two hottest teams in NL right now.... Posey and Pagan got some rest so everybody should be good to go.... Keep rolling....

Side note.... Manny Machado is a punk.... Acts like a spoiled 12 year old in little league.... I can't stand the A's.... But no way can this be over after the BS Machado pulled this weekend.... He needs a beat down....