There are 2 users in the forums

Official Padres at Giants series thread - starts 6/23/14

Monday, June 23 - Padres - 7:15 PM - Cain vs
Tuesday, June 24 - Padres - 7:15 PM - Hudson vs Hahn
Wednesday, June 25 - Padres - 12:45 PM - Lincecum vs Kennedy
The positives.... Dodgers lost.... And despite the awful play for the majority of this month the Giants are still 9-11.... But you know what they say about 911.... I guess we will find out if Flav was correct.... Go 4-2 to finish and end up with a .500 month.... Not too bad given that the situation seems so much worse.... And it probably is.... But I'm just relentlessly positive by nature.... Cain doesn't get much run support.... But Cain sucks.... And he has sucked for some time now.... That contract may be worse than Zitos.... Sabean seems to have a knack for these things....
I'm tired of looking back at the Dodgers and seeing what they are doing. We need to start winning regularly again so we don't even have to care what is happening with other teams.

I have given up on Cain. True that he never gets run support, but he also has not looked the same as he once was.
3 game up.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
3 game up.

Brutal.... Let's see if lasts through the end of the month.... Aside from the poor pitching lately.... I think the Belt and Pagan injuries are really killing this team.... The Giants are giving away 6-8 at bats a game by having Blanco and Colvin in the lineup on a regular basis.... Then if you try to put Morse in left.... You have to put Sanchez behind the plate and Posey at first.... You're still stuck with two guys in the lineup that are not everyday players.... This doesn't include the fact that we are now rolling out a rookie call up at second base who is going to go through growing pains.... That's a third of the lineup right there that's problematic.... This is not a team that can survive injuries for very long because the bench is borderline horrific.... Hopefully, the Padres don't sweep today....
[ Edited by lvtent on Jun 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM ]
That was sweet.... Big time Timmy No No....

A huge effort when this team needed it most....

Glad he got it.... Especially, after the Padres walked him on four pitches in the bottom of the eighth.... That was punk....

2 Cy Youngs, 2 World Championships, 2 No Hitters.... Pretty awesome stuff....
Congrats Timmy! That was awesome to watch. It was like the old you again!
Amazing effort. Good to see quality Timmy on the mound again.