There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants at Padres series thread - starts 4/9/15

Thursday, April 9 - @Padres - 3:40 PM - Hudson vs Kennedy
Friday, April 10 - @Padres - 7:10 PM - Lincecum vs Morrow
Saturday, April 11 - @Padres - 5:40 PM - Bumgarner vs Shields
Sunday, April 12 - @Padres - 1:10 PM - Peavy vs Ross
That was a gem.... Hudson did his thing.... The bullpen went pitch for pitch with a great Padres pen.... Maxwell with the huge hit.... Pagan had me fired up with that triple off Kimbrel after getting buzzed earlier in the at bat.... McGehee made me want to cry.... But dude is wearing his failures harder than anybody would.... or could.... He's a guy I want to see succeed.... Great opening win to spoil Padres home opener.... Lincecum for his third no hitter tomorrow.... If he throws one more no hitter, is his number retired by the Giants?.... Has to be.... if you ask me....
No retirement ceremony for number 55 yet.... But Lincecum was his typical dominant self against the Padres.... He showed good command of four pitches and that is absolutely necessary for a guy that has lost a ton of velocity.... Hopefully, a sign of things to come.... Can't help but love the guy.... He's meant so much to this franchise.... But we can obviously succeed without him.... Just would rather he be an integral part of the success.... McGehee grounds into another double play.... But that shouldn't be a surprise because he led the NL last year.... Crawford in the 5 hole is not a good fit.... All in all, tremendous pitching this series so far.... Bum vs Shields.... Shields chose the wrong organization.... Aoki off to a very good start.... I really can't take much more of Blanco.... He officially killed me in last year's 7th game....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 11, 2015 at 10:17 AM ]
Not completely surprised by Bum getting lit up right now.... He had a crappy spring and he seems to be a little off.... He's no Kershaw in the regular season.... But, thankfully, he's no Kershaw during the playoffs.... McGehee looks out for awhile.... Duval time.... Voglesong in now to pitch as a long reliever.... Strange.... Blanco as an automatic start makes me nauseous.... WTF, Bochy....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM ]
Yeah, he definitely brings it against the Padres. But I am not so tied to him. If it makes the team better, great. If not, that's find too. Sometimes he is too big a liability.
Originally posted by madbuster:
Yeah, he definitely brings it against the Padres. But I am not so tied to him. If it makes the team better, great. If not, that's find too. Sometimes he is too big a liability.

Yeah, you're right.... It's just me not totally accepting the reality that is Tim Lincecum.... At least Kershaw got lit up tonight....
Well, at least today's the home opener.... Celebrate.... Everybody seems very accepting of this odd year phenomenon....
At the same time, how many times last year did you think it was over? I mean really. We looked horrible. Then we somehow snuck into the postseason.