There are 5 users in the forums

June swoon?

I don't want to jinx the ball club.,.,. but so far so good through June 12. The Giants are 5-5 for the moth, going into the home series vs the Brew Crew. They don't have to go 20-8 like they did in May, especially with Hunter Pence sidelined for 2 months. Two to six games above .500 for the month will be just fine to break the June swoon curse that has plagued this club for just about as long as I can remember (and I remember back to the 1961 season back at Candlestick).

Three games at home versus the Brewers, then three road games against the Tampa Bay Rays, followed by four games at the Pittsburgh Pirates. Then three home games against the Philadelphia Phillies, two home games against the Oakland As, then two games at the Oakland As to close out the month's schedule. Finishing with a winning record for the month is doable.
I was hoping no one would bring this up. LOL.
Giants will have a winning record for the month of June. The team is 14-6 after the Pirates' series, with 7 more games scheduled this month.

Another fun fact; the Giants have won 13 of their last 14 road games, and have a 25-14 road record for the season. Only the St Louis Cardinals, with a road record of 23-12, can hang with the Giants (both are 11 games above .500). The Cubs are 22-12.
Another win and the Giants have now won 11 of their last 12. We really needed a strong month like this to stay ahead. I hate fighting at the end of the season. It brings me unnecessary stress.
Originally posted by madbuster:
Another win and the Giants have now won 11 of their last 12. We really needed a strong month like this to stay ahead. I hate fighting at the end of the season. It brings me unnecessary stress.

I hate to even look now but the Dodgers are playing good ball, and keeping pace with our Giants. They will undoubtedly be looking for starting pitching to take some of the pressure off Kershaw around the trade deadline.

Are the Giants still looking to acquire Ryan Braun? The offense seems to have come alive lately.

On another subject, Tim Lincecum did not have a particularly good second outing last night. He gave up four runs early against the As.