There are 2 users in the forums

'Australian Idol' Judge Fired After On-Air Stunt Reveals Rape

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

A judge on the talent show 'Australian Idol' was fired and his radio show taken off the air after a lie-detector stunt in which he questioned a 14-year-old girl about her sexual activity — and, she revealed that two years earlier she'd been raped.

Kyle Sandilands, co-host of a top-rated morning radio program, was fired from the talent show over an incident in which he questioned the girl on air about her sexual history, at her mother's request.

When the girl revealed she had been raped when she was 12, Sandilands responded, "Is that the only experience you've had?"

His reaction raised an immediate furor that led to Sandilands issuing several apologies to the girl and to the public. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said he was "distressed" at the way the girl had been treated, and New South Wales state government ordered an investigation into the girl's rape claim.

Network Ten, which broadcasts "Australian Idol," said in a statement that Sandilands' radio image was out of step with the talent show's family-style audience.

"We thank Kyle for his contribution to 'Australian Idol' over the last four years," the statement said. "But it has become increasingly clear that as 'Idol' has remained a family-focused show...his radio persona has taken on a more controversial position over this period which is not in the interest of the show."

Sandilands had been a judge on the show since 2005.

"I'm disappointed at Channel 10's decision to remove me from Australian Idol," Sandilands said in a statement. "I have truly loved being a part of the show and wish everyone involved all of the success for this coming season."

The "Kyle and Jackie O Show" had previously aired segments about people stripping for money and the search for Sydney's smallest penis.
wait so he just asked if thats the only experience and he got fired?

i guess its pretty wrong to ask a lil girl that
Originally posted by Poncho707:
wait so he just asked if thats the only experience and he got fired?

i guess its pretty wrong to ask a lil girl that

You guess. Nobody should ask that, especially at that age and on TV. Stupid guy.
Its not because he asked if there was more, but because he continued. He should of stopped questioning altogether after the rape revelation. What a way to bring back that's girl's nightmares on public air.

How would you feel if you had a daughter and she revealed that she was raped on public radio/tv without you knowing about it?
"The search for Sydney's smallest penis."!!! Wonder how that is going, then?