There are 2 users in the forums

Cain for Cy Young...

Forget Timmy and Haren, I want Cain to get it this year. Dude's been putting in work with no run support for a few years now and finally put it all together this year, winning with or without run support and pitching out of his mind. Today tore it for me, CG shutout and getting his ERA within sniffing distance of sub-2. Out-fukkin-standing and I hope he gets the Cy.
I'm for Cain winning the Cy Young!
He dropped his ERA to 2.12!! That is insane! If he had won today he would've been the first 13 game winner in the MLB this year. I'd love it if he won the Cy Young this year!
Timmy Cain co cy youngs :D
Timmy still deserves it more. Outside ERA timmy has him beat in every pitching category. If cain continues then yes but as of right now, tim is more deserving.
  • LUser
I'm not so sure I'd want Cy Young for Cain.

600+ wins is a lot. but Cain's got the upside!

Sorry, I thought this was a trade thread. LOL
  • crzy
I love Cain, but Lincecum is going to win it. He's got the better Whip, only one less loss, and way more K's.

Lincecum is out best pitcher, clearly.

Originally posted by LUser:
I'm not so sure I'd want Cy Young for Cain.

600+ wins is a lot. but Cain's got the upside!

Sorry, I thought this was a trade thread. LOL

Hahahahaha
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Timmy still deserves it more. Outside ERA timmy has him beat in every pitching category. If cain continues then yes but as of right now, tim is more deserving.

Isnt Cain 12-2 and Timmy 11-3? So Cain has Lincecum in ERA, wins and losses
Originally posted by Thizz415:

agreed. Lincecum is the better pitcher. the whip is key. Cains whip is much too high to win a CY when guys like Haren and Lincecums are elite.

if Cain won it, id be thrilled. but id rather have Lincecum win it again. a 2 time CY award winner at age 25? thatd be insane.
  • 4ML
IMO Lince is ahead of Cain as of right now. Whip is too high for Cain, but today he pitched a gem. With couple of new bats, I expect us to score a few more runs for Lince and Cain.
cain has been steadily lowering his whip and ERA!
  • LUser
Originally posted by Maximill15:
cain has been steadily lowering his whip and ERA!

Cain has turned the corner indeed.

The way he's learned to trust his stuff and carve a little more of the zone is encouraging.

He always seemed a little like a corner painter for someone with such a heater.

His wanting to live on the black would run up his pitch counts a without steady run support he would leave game with no decisions frequently.

Now he hardly ever goes to 3 ball count unless he's picking his spots. A sure sign of maturity.

Why he'll never have the dominant strikeout rate of Timmy and hence the electric atmosphere, I'll take him as a second starter while knowing a lot of teams would consider Him their Ace.

I'd rather not have to come up with dollars for 2 Cy's as well so if Timmy gets the nod again It will save us some contract money.
Originally posted by LUser:

I'd rather not have to come up with dollars for 2 Cy's as well so if Timmy gets the nod again It will save us some contract money.

very good point.

Lincecum will end up with better numbers anyways. like both their chances, however. Dan Haren is notoriously worse in the 2nd half. the last 3 years hes had an ERA over 4.00 after the break.

theyd basically have to hold off Santana. the Mets arent in contention, so i think Lincecum has the better season.

like you said, were going to have to pay up big for Lincecum either way. the cost of signing 2 CY pitchers will be alot more than the cost of signing one 2 time CY winner and a very good 2 starter.
Yep very good points.