There are 8 users in the forums

Official Giants at Athletics series thread - starts 5/21/10

Originally posted by BigRon:
This I agree with. Our problems start with Sabean and continue with Bochy. The philosophy of the two is wrong for this club. In August, I get to meet with our new Majority Owner (High School Reunion). I hope he makes the mistake of asking me what I think.

Don't wait for him to ask you, just stand up and tell him (or take him to the side). We are depending on you BigRon, you are our last hope. May the force be with you.

Wait, did you say August ??? That will be too late Oh, well, hopefully it will help next year's team.
I'm not a Bochy fan either but I don't think SF will have the guts to cut him mid season even if the level of the offense continues to slump and team continues to lose games. I agree with sf1giantfan in that Sabean has always been slow to admit his mistakes and remedy them. Bochy is another mistake.

The main thing that kills me about Sabean is his lack of direction with the teams position players. ATT is huge, so play small ball with quick guys that can take pitches, steal bases, hit gap to gap, and cover space in the outfield. Instead Sabean signs Rowand, a guy with a career OBP less than .350 and expects him to lead a Bonds less team into the future.

I get that Pierre and Lee didn't want to come here but the failure to give the team some sort of offensive identity extends beyond 2 free agents.
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
I'm not a Bochy fan either but I don't think SF will have the guts to cut him mid season even if the level of the offense continues to slump and team continues to lose games. I agree with sf1giantfan in that Sabean has always been slow to admit his mistakes and remedy them. Bochy is another mistake.

The main thing that kills me about Sabean is his lack of direction with the teams position players. ATT is huge, so play small ball with quick guys that can take pitches, steal bases, hit gap to gap, and cover space in the outfield. Instead Sabean signs Rowand, a guy with a career OBP less than .350 and expects him to lead a Bonds less team into the future.

I get that Pierre and Lee didn't want to come here but the failure to give the team some sort of offensive identity extends beyond 2 free agents.

We need a guy like a Carlos Lee at the top of the order. Speed to burn is consistent at the plate and is not a liability in the OF. Put him with Torres and Nate and that's a hell of an outfield.

Personally I like Sanchez but Sabes had no business bringing him along after we got off to the start we did. Sorry to see guys lose their spot to an injury but he came with the damn injury. It wasn't like it happened after he got here. Who the hell is the person signing off on the health of FA players? They should lose their license to practice. If this is Sabes being Sabes and ignoring the advice of a professional then he should be given an Irish sendoff.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
We need a guy like a Carlos Lee at the top of the order. Speed to burn is consistent at the plate and is not a liability in the OF. Put him with Torres and Nate and that's a hell of an outfield.

Personally I like Sanchez but Sabes had no business bringing him along after we got off to the start we did. Sorry to see guys lose their spot to an injury but he came with the damn injury. It wasn't like it happened after he got here. Who the hell is the person signing off on the health of FA players? They should lose their license to practice. If this is Sabes being Sabes and ignoring the advice of a professional then he should be given an Irish sendoff.

~Ceadder

Yeah it seems like DeRosa is damaged goods also. I don't know who to blame for it, because on the one had I doubt a trained doctor would miss these injuries on two separate players but on the other hand it's hard to believe Sabean would dismiss what doctors were telling him about the health of two players you are going to pay a good chunk of money too.