There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants vs Braves NLDS thread - starts 10/7/10

Thursday, October 7 - Braves - 6:30 pm - Lincecum vs Lowe
Friday, October 8 - Braves - 6:30 pm - Cain vs Hanson
Sunday, October 10 - @Braves - 1:30 pm - Sanchez vs Hudson
Monday, October 11 - @Braves - 5:30 pm - Zito vs ???
Wednesday, October 13 - Braves - 6:30 pm - ??? vs ???
no way zito starts games 4

if its 2-1 Giants I think Bumgarner goes, if it is 2-1 Braves they pitch Lincecum again
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
Thursday, October 7 - Braves - 6:30 pm - Lincecum vs Lowe
Friday, October 8 - Braves - 6:30 pm - Cain vs Hanson
Sunday, October 10 - @Braves - 1:30 pm - Sanchez vs Hudson

Monday, October 11 - @Braves - 5:30 pm - Zito vs ???
Wednesday, October 13 - Braves - 6:30 pm - ??? vs ???

Game 4 Bumgarner if we are up 2-1
Game 4 Lincecum if we are down 2-1

Game 5 Lincecum if Bumgarner threw game 4
Game 5 Cain if Lincecum threw game 4
Originally posted by BigRon:

this is exactly what it will be. I hope it is the first option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon View Post

this is exactly what it will be. I hope it is the first option.
I hope Bum doesn't throw at all. :)
The Giants' Division Series roster:

PITCHERS (11): Jeremy Affeldt, Madison Bumgarner, Matt Cain, Santiago Casilla, Tim Lincecum, Javier Lopez, Guillermo Mota, Ramon Ramirez, Sergio Romo, Jonathan Sanchez, Brian Wilson

CATCHERS (2): Buster Posey, Eli Whiteside

INFIELDERS (7):Mike Fontenot, Aubrey Huff, Travis Ishikawa, Edgar Renteria, Freddy Sanchez, Pablo Sandoval, Juan Uribe

OUTIELDERS (5): Pat Burrell, Cody Ross, Aaron Rowand, Nate Schierholtz, Andres Torres
Game one in the books!
Great game by Lincecum, but we can't expect a shutoff, every game. We need to score runs, maybe put in fontnot at 3rd.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Great game by Lincecum, but we can't expect a shutoff, every game. We need to score runs, maybe put in fontnot at 3rd.

Or Second. Freddy was great Defensively but his bat was just as bad as Panda's. At leat if Panda Runs into one he can put it over the wall. Freddy killed us in that Inning where Buster got his triple. That's slow roller is going to kill rallies when we really need them.

We got lucky with the Ump missing the call(hooray, for once we had a bad call go our way) on that Steal. We're going to need every bit of Offense we can get today. Or Cain is going to be stuck on the outside looking in going into Atlanta. This is a great time to get an insurmountable lead before they can get hot.

Freddy is hitting no better than Panda so imho he is the one that should be sitting, since he doesn't bring any power to the Plate. Panda should honestly be hitting 3rd or 5th. More likely 5th. Switch him up with Huff to 3rd to put the pressure on those Squaws. Huff and Panda will see more Pitches around Posey. I couldn't believe they walked him yesterday. Do you see them walking Sanchez? I don't.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Or Second. Freddy was great Defensively but his bat was just as bad as Panda's. At leat if Panda Runs into one he can put it over the wall. Freddy killed us in that Inning where Buster got his triple. That's slow roller is going to kill rallies when we really need them.

We got lucky with the Ump missing the call(hooray, for once we had a bad call go our way) on that Steal. We're going to need every bit of Offense we can get today. Or Cain is going to be stuck on the outside looking in going into Atlanta. This is a great time to get an insurmountable lead before they can get hot.

Freddy is hitting no better than Panda so imho he is the one that should be sitting, since he doesn't bring any power to the Plate. Panda should honestly be hitting 3rd or 5th. More likely 5th. Switch him up with Huff to 3rd to put the pressure on those Squaws. Huff and Panda will see more Pitches around Posey. I couldn't believe they walked him yesterday. Do you see them walking Sanchez? I don't.

~Ceadder

Who the eff is our hitting coach? The "second" Panda walked up I said, "Please, for the love of God, take the first pitch and get settled in..." Nope, swings at the first pitch and grounds into a key double play with Buster on 3rd. Just stupid...aside from him gaining 50 pounds, you'd think someone in the org would help get his body AND his head right. It seems like we have a lot of "free swinging" unhitters on this team.

Thank God for Timmy though. What an amazing game...
I don't agree with moving Panda up. As for the power of the fluffy guy, where is it. I would take FSanchez over him right now with Fontenot at 3rd or short moving UUUUU REEEE BAAYYYY to 3rd. Franchez started slow this year and built his average to .293 I think he stays in the two hole or if Fontenot plays, Fontenot goes to the two and Franchez to the 8.
I'm all for pablo sitting more often, that 1st pitch DP was disgusting. Although to be fair, it wasn't surprising since he did that all year long. But it doesn't make it right.
lmao pablo finally gets sat and fontenot first at bat a bigger impact than panda has been all season. maybe next year big guy, get your mind right and lose some weight, lets GO GIANTS BEAT THE BRAVES!
look at big boch, playin some hit and runs and weve had a good number of risp, and no dp yet....funny huh?
yup i like the stealing. aggresive. But sanchez is just dealing right now.. anybody notice it?..