There are 4 users in the forums

Official 2012 World Series Thread - San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

Anyone going to be on here during the game tonight? I may try to stop by and see what you guys think as it happens.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
Anyone going to be on here during the game tonight? I may try to stop by and see what you guys think as it happens.

I think I'll probably either watch from home alone or down at the corner bar (maybe a bit of both) if I'm home I'll log on.
Yeah, not sure where I am going to watch from either. I guess I better hurry and decide. If I am out somewhere, I will check in on my phone.
Anybody in the Orange County area watching the game? I'm up in Fullerton, but am meeting a few friends down at the Dave and Busters at the Irvine Spectrum.

Hoping Panda goes 4/4 again!
Mad Bum looks rested so far! LETS GO GIANTS!!
This is our chance!!
Up 2-0 now! It's looking good!
Today's victory wasn't the sexiest but damn that W looks beautiful to me
On to Detroit.
So what are your views on all the "getting all the bounces" talk by the media? I mean here's my view...

As a Giant fan... We are definitely getting some luck, help from baseball gods, magic or fate whatever you wanna call it. It's pretty obvious that things like a broken bat that hits the ball three times, a routine ground ball that hits a base than turns it into a double or a bunt that almost goes foul and usually always does in that situation but doesn't hit the ridge of the grass enough to kick it foul..... Or a guy hitting three home runs in one night two off of one one of the best pitchers in baseball. Or coming back in the NLDS or the NLCS. Or a pitcher fixing his mechanics in a ten day period... in the middle of the post season or a starting pitcher who's struggling then comes out of the bullpen and is lights out! These things don't happen often, if at all... And definitely not in a period of two weeks. I'm a God fearing man so I'm not ready to chalk it up to baseball gods or magic.... But what is happening is that these Giants are just getting the breaks and playing great ball at the same time! It's fun to watch and I could careless who hates on us! And really isn't this what baseball is all about.....

Just wanna know what y'all think....

AND FREAKIN GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!
I could see if it happened once or twice. But c'mon, winning six elimination games is luck? As for everything else, that is part of the game. It doesn't really matter how you win it all, as long as you win it all.
We've had some things go our way sure. But three home runs (two off one of the best pitchers in baseball) is not luck. The way our pitchers have shut them down is not luck. Diving catches, well executed plays on D, beating a perfect throw to second to steel the bag are all not luck. There are always going to be guys who will look at teams on paper and rate their pitching, power, speed ect. to decide who the better team is. If the team they rate as lesser wins it must have been luck. They did the same thing to us in 2010 even though we blew through everyone we faced in the postseason.

Here's a crazy idea, how bout to figure out who the best team is, we have them play a baseball game. And just to make sure the lesser team doesn't steel the thing with "luck" we'll play more than one, say the best out of seven. Probably not going to win four games just because you're lucky. Or we could do as the haters like to do and decide who's better before anyone takes the field.

We are up 2-0 because we've played better than they have, not luck. GO GIANTS
Going for the World Series sweep tonight. I honestly thought Detroit would make this somewhat competitive.
Me too! Have fun watching the games guys.... My wife bought tickets to Disney on ice so we can take our sons sooooo.... It was a hard decision but family wins! thank God for DVR!! Go Giants let's go get that ring baby!!
LOL! Giants already up.