There are 3 users in the forums

2014 Giants vs Royals World Series thread!

Big game Saturday. Can't go down 3-1. Hope Vogelsong is up to it.
Great win for the Giants! Here's my writeup on the game. http://tkjsportsworld.sportsblog.com/posts/1186044/giants_even_world_series_at_2_2.html
That was a great team win. Duffy did great to get on base.

I just hope we saved some for tomorrow.
Man, what a win. Got to keep it going with Bum on Sunday.
Wow. What a game by Bum. Even Perez hitting the ball. It's awesome.
Originally posted by Trexxx:
And strickland needs to go back to Fresno he is clearly not ready to be in the world series or the big stage with meatballs he serves up ... My momma would go yard on him ...

I lol'd at this.
One game away. Who would have thought. They continue to be the most surprising team, even to Giants fans, come October.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
One game away. Who would have thought. They continue to be the most surprising team, even to Giants fans, come October.

Yeah, it's really unbelievable. We had such a hot start and then went through that slump and the injuries; it's crazy to think that the slump actually triggered calling up all the young guys (especially panik).

Looking forward to game 6, I think we need to go all in and try to end it. We don't need a momentum shift back to the royals or a game 7. They aren't going down without a fight and will be dangerous; being backed up and facing elimination. We should treat game 6 like it is game 7.
[ Edited by DefSikGiant on Oct 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM ]
What a clutch game by MadBum. Up 3-2, got to get them on Tuesday for the Championship! Go, Giants, go!
Awesome....
Anyone think that if this goes to a game 7 Bochy will use Bum somewhere... especially if the Giants have a lead in the middle innings? How about using Timmy Lincecum in the middle or late innings?
Originally posted by semicolin:
Anyone think that if this goes to a game 7 Bochy will use Bum somewhere... especially if the Giants have a lead in the middle innings? How about using Timmy Lincecum in the middle or late innings?

Most definitely. But I'm hoping that we wont need to, and that we just close it out tonight.

With Timmy, I think it's all hands on deck tonight if the score allows or tomorrow if need be.
Those little miscues/mistakes trying to get an out at first are really killing us.

After those type of plays, we implode and the floodgates open.
AMAZING.... What a year.... From doubt to promise.... To doubt.... To promise.... To doubt.... Then World Championship.... Bum has become my hero over the last month.... Awesome time.... Never thought I woild see even 1.... I've now seen 3.... Blessed.... Congratulations to all Giant fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just can't say enough about Mad Bum... this guy is ridiculous. WS ERA about 0.20.

And Hunter Pence... and Panda. And the job Jeremy Affeldt did today. The whole team. 3 in 5 years.

Lets do something different next season. Lets win the WS in an odd-numbered year.