There are 5 users in the forums

Series Thread: Philadelphia (58-41) at San Francisco (55-46)

LOL

I'm assuming cus he looks like one
haha that's what I figured, but wasn't sure if there was another reason.
  • crzy
^^ yup. I didn't come up with it. Giants fans on their official board have been calling him that for a while now.
  • crzy
I still can't pronounce that dude's name
Velez?

• crzy
  • crzy
Originally posted by Birdman Jr:
Velez?

AYE YOU HENNY OH
damn, this forum definitely needs some more activity.

Anyways, my take in the game:

- continued to see inconsistency from sanchez, 1st inning leaving lots of pitches up in the zone (the double by howard being the perfect example, although not the only one). It's annoying for me to watch him and know he's got the stuff to handle a lineup such as Philly's yet he won't because he can't have control of his stuff and therefore continues to be inconsistent. He's lucky we scored 7 runs and that Philly's defense had 3 errors (their D is #1 in the leagues, I believe). On a typical giants' offense night, Sanchez is lucky to leave the game with a ND.

- Kung Fu Panda: I cannot say enough about him, btw did we know he's now on a 7-game hitting streak? He's gonna finish the season with 100+ ribeyes and 25+ bombs, he's so much fun to watch both on offense and defense.

- Velez: before I jump on the express, I gotta start seeing him continue the hot bat when he gets pitched away. Unreal that after the Pirates series, Philly's SP kept pitching him middle-in, low-in, and of course that resulted in another great game by him. Glad that Bochy swapped him with Winn to CF, he was killling me in RF (and reminding us all what a huge asset Winn can be for this team), mad props to Randy for coming into this game even though he had been given the day off due to personal reasons.

I'd be the last person to make these kinds of statements, but I really have no hope tomorrow with Sadowski on the mound, I mean how much more do we need to see from him? I said it from the get-go, his success was due in big part to there being no scouting on him, and now that the book is out it's obvious he doesn't belong. Why isn't Pucetas being called up?

I'm interested to see if Torres will be out for a few days, whether we call someone else up. Rowand could start sometime this weekend so maybe not, but if they keep being careful with him they may just call somebody up. Or can we just throw Garko in LF and play Ishi at 1B for a couple of games, he can't be that bad out there can he?
Originally posted by crzy:
AYE YOU HENNY OH

lmao, this reads aight
Originally posted by vrabbit:

- continued to see inconsistency from sanchez, 1st inning leaving lots of pitches up in the zone (the double by howard being the perfect example, although not the only one). It's annoying for me to watch him and know he's got the stuff to handle a lineup such as Philly's yet he won't because he can't have control of his stuff and therefore continues to be inconsistent. He's lucky we scored 7 runs and that Philly's defense had 3 errors (their D is #1 in the leagues, I believe). On a typical giants' offense night, Sanchez is lucky to leave the game with a ND.

- Kung Fu Panda: I cannot say enough about him, btw did we know he's now on a 7-game hitting streak? He's gonna finish the season with 100+ ribeyes and 25+ bombs, he's so much fun to watch both on offense and defense.

- Velez: before I jump on the express, I gotta start seeing him continue the hot bat when he gets pitched away. Unreal that after the Pirates series, Philly's SP kept pitching him middle-in, low-in, and of course that resulted in another great game by him. Glad that Bochy swapped him with Winn to CF, he was killling me in RF (and reminding us all what a huge asset Winn can be for this team), mad props to Randy for coming into this game even though he had been given the day off due to personal reasons.

I'd be the last person to make these kinds of statements, but I really have no hope tomorrow with Sadowski on the mound, I mean how much more do we need to see from him? I said it from the get-go, his success was due in big part to there being no scouting on him, and now that the book is out it's obvious he doesn't belong. Why isn't Pucetas being called up?

I'm interested to see if Torres will be out for a few days, whether we call someone else up. Rowand could start sometime this weekend so maybe not, but if they keep being careful with him they may just call somebody up. Or can we just throw Garko in LF and play Ishi at 1B for a couple of games, he can't be that bad out there can he?

When we acquired Garko, I read a few articles saying the Indians were experimenting with him in the outfield and that he was capable of playing out there. It seems this would be an option, although he might have problems initially with not being acquainted to the outfield in SF.
  • crzy
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I would guess we recall Bowker.
Originally posted by CornsOnTheCob:
When we acquired Garko, I read a few articles saying the Indians were experimenting with him in the outfield and that he was capable of playing out there. It seems this would be an option, although he might have problems initially with not being acquainted to the outfield in SF.

one more thing about Garko, love his AB's, the way he waits for his pitches and the way he makes contact it's just a matter of time until he starts stringing those hits together.

I have the same opinion of Frandsen, in a sense, except Garko's vet status will allow him to prove himself on the field, while Kevin was given a poor shot imo
Originally posted by crzy:
AYE YOU HENNY OH

Eugenio AKA Pharaoh