There are 4 users in the forums

Official Giants at Braves series thread - starts 8/5/10

Part of the DP issue is that Boch hardly if ever puts the hit and run on. If the runner is moving it's less likely the that Defense will get two. And it pisses me off something fierce when we hit into DPs' cause there is a way of fixing that without mucking with your hitters. Yeah they tend to roll their hands over on the swing but if the runner is moving then the Catcher has the play. 2nd base has to be covered so that takes one Defensive player out of the equation.

frigging Boch I wish he'd pull his Almanac out of his backside and use it for what god made it instead.

~Ceadder
Gah! Stupid scoreboard is lagging. No way we're 2-2. We just scored in the 10th. So is the game over 3-2 or did the Squaws tie or what?

~Ceadder
Nvm I got it. 3-2 in 11.

~Ceadder
We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-2!!!! Gained a game on padres!!!!
another torture game, payback for last night lol same score. sorry chops you couldnt win on glavines night, gigantes werent going to allow it! yeah pat was great and the pitching was awesome. sorry barry, you shoulda got the win but you gotta keep that ball down man. still some some help in the offense dept but it sure ffels good to win. and sergio the pirate romo, chris hardball ray, and my main man b weezy held it down. screw the padres we have the best pitching in the league and def the best closer. tight pants open chest cut up undershirt hard throwing best closer in the league! go giants!
it would help to have more speed, but most of it is the contact we are making. but we know the problems and youre right, address the problem more hit and runs. even if plays happen like nate tonight at least we would be mixing it up. to many rally killers, fix it...........
I think the only way Barry will be winning any games, would be him to practice his hitting. Have him start swinging for the fences, because if he gets a hit, nobody else will bring him in, the only way would be for him to hit it out, into McCovey Cove.
alright dudes have a good night ill see yall tomorrow! lets take the rest from the tomohawks
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
I think the only way Barry will be winning any games, would be him to practice his hitting. Have him start swinging for the fences, because if he gets a hit, nobody else will bring him in, the only way would be for him to hit it out, into McCovey Cove.

Sadly this is true. The man is stuck on 10 games. 8-2. If I were rescued from a a desert island with no outside news sources available to me and looked up the season line, I would think that Zito got injured and sat a good part of the season. Both him and Caino.

Hell every one of our Starters are snakebit in this regard. Thank god for Torres, Huff and Posey. Burrell not so much but he has his moments. Otherwise our lineup is full of hackers and have a better chance of hitting into DPs' than getting on 1st. Man, Boch has done a halfway decent job this season but I think it's time for Management to cut the cord and go with someone else. Who, I don't know but c'mon Boch rarely if ever calls for a bunt, he leaves statues on the bag when the Hit and Run should be on and in general has allowed the Lineup to waste solid Pitching.

Instead of going the Small ball route when it's necessary, he mucks with the Batting Order. Guys can't get comfortable and know they can rely on their teammates to get them around even now when he's not messing with it alot because it's a given that he WILL mess with it. So the hackers keep hacking and hitting into DPs' cause BB can't manage w/o his Almanac. Sad thing is when he managed the Madres, they WERE a small ball team. And he managed them like it. Pretty sure if someone looked around LAX they'd find that part of his management skills laying around someplace.

~Ceadder
Well all I can say at this point is Viva la Gigantes!!!, beat Atlanta in spite of Boch!

~Ceadder
That was one suckie game! Boo!!
another confident day from sanchez, and wellenmeyer looks better than ever!
about to go on leave, just got tix for the 27th agains tthe dbacks. pretty sure i mapped it out to be the game when timmy pitches. this will be my first game at att, so i had to make sure it was timmy pitching
thats the game.................
well, good thing we scored all them runs in july. that was disheartening and i am depressed..........................