There are 3 users in the forums

Official Cubs at Giants series thread - starts 8/9/10

Monday, August 9 - Cubs - 7:15 pm - Bumgarner vs Zambrano
Tuesday, August 10 - Cubs - 7:15 pm - Lincecum vs Dempster
Wednesday, August 11 - Cubs - 7:15 pm - Zito vs Gorzelanny
Thursday, August 12 - Cubs - 12:45 pm - Cain vs Wells

Official discussion thread!
well im never calling for a sweep again cuz the last time i did that we lost 3 of 4.....so maybee sanchez should keep his mouth shut. i just hope for winning series now, so chi town is having some problems, lets capitalize. go giants
Agreed. Can't believe Sanchez is so confident of this team. I get that you kinda got to be, but imho you gotta be confident in your own play before you can be confident with the lack of hitting that supports you. Even worse yet, you have to not give up big innings like that 5 earned run inning the last homestand. That was stinky stinky. If I'm wrong of when it happened, you guys know what I mean. Can't be walking guys like that. I don't care if the batters box is the size of a postage stamp because the Umpire is being a Tool. Every pitcher has to see Umpires like that. The trick is to get the hitter to outthink himself at the plate. If you got that going for you nothing else matters.

But I hate the Cubbies almost as much as the Fodgers. So I just hope that we give as good as we get if not better.

~Ceadder
i know what game you were talking about, those are the games and signs he shows that make me think personnally that we should have moved him for some O, but then he comes back and is briliant. inconsistency kills. i hope he finds it, games about to come on! GO GIGAAAAAAAAANNNNTEEEEESSS!
we are under way! u guys watching this game, sounds like duane and mikey switched broadcasting spots, i couldnt figure it out i kept saying what is different about this game?.....bingo figured it out, little bit different
horrible defense lmao, uribe couldnt get 5 feet to that ball and panda needed 1 less pound to make that jumping catch. do any of you guys make it to alot of the games, or have season tix?
well maddy doesnt get the win, but we are back in it, lets go boys!
I'm hoping and praying and begging we win, right now. Bases loaded, no outs. Burrell up to bat. Bottom of the 11th. This will cement Burrell in as a Giant forever. Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only way I get to a Game right now is if they play at Seattle. I'm up here in Washington. I haven't had the fortune to take in a game at Pac Bell. Last game I got to see was at the Stick. I moved from Healdsburg shortly after that.

Transferred to Boise where I only got to take in one of the Angels minor league teams games. The Hawks.

I hope to make it out next season but that's schedule and funding permitting.

Hope we won by now.

~Ceadder
Damn guys, this team is out to set a Major League record for most Coronaries caused to a team's fan base. I mean there has to be a point and time where they get their act together. Instead of needing Xtra Innings to take the game, they have to just poop and get off the damn pot before the 9th. I think they are on the verge of most xtra Inning ball games in a season.

Does anyone know the record? I guess I'll have to look it up and report back on it.

~Ceadder
Yep we won, I believe 15 over .500 again. And 1 1/2 back. We really needed this victory ( or at least I did ).

It's weird whenever the Giants win, life seems better. Sweets are sweeter, Girls are prettier (except the ugly ones), Food tastes better, and I sleep better.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Damn guys, this team is out to set a Major League record for most Coronaries caused to a team's fan base. I mean there has to be a point and time where they get their act together. Instead of needing Xtra Innings to take the game, they have to just poop and get off the damn pot before the 9th. I think they are on the verge of most xtra Inning ball games in a season.

Does anyone know the record? I guess I'll have to look it up and report back on it.

~Ceadder

You mean the most heart attacks caused by a team ? Yes, this 2010 team did break the team record, last week with 45 reported heart attacks so far this season (but only 39 deaths). And tonight they broke the NL record with the 46th heart attack, but I'm ok now, doc just said for me to get some rest. No death here, so I can still go through some more torture. Anyways, we won, and that's all that matters.
lol

Well I found that elusive stat that I been on about.

The record for most Xtra Inning Games in a season is held by the '67 Fodgers. 27 total games taken past the 9th Inning. This team is on a pace to beat it by the end of the month.

If anyone has the current count I would be interested to know. I tried to count them up but the schedule doesn't list Innings played. Only W-L-Sv and Final Score. I guess I could look in the Box score but that's a whole lot of clicking on my end.

~Ceadder
big game last night, and starting off poorley right off the bat tonight.....what happened to timmy man, hes not even remotely scary anymore. im stoked to finally see him play the 27th, but he better have a shutout BA performance, or ill be upset. what do you do in wash im stationed at ft lewis
wow i swear to god i almost started crying, pablo has not hit a home run in over 44 games. i remember at the begining of the season all the broadcasters and analysists said we would make the postseason behind timmy and the panda.....well thank god for huff torres and posey..........44 games man