There are 3 users in the forums

Just got a ticket..

how do i tell my parents

ive been in trouble with the police a few times in my day but never had to go to court or nothing
Originally posted by Poncho707:
Man iunno how to tell my parents

but are u 100% positive about this?
the cop was a total dick and even put on the ticket there was medium traffic when there wasnt anybody on the streets..it was 12 am..

and he didnt call my parents

when i got home i cried cuz i cant imagine doing anythijng without a license until im 21

and when i begged that it would ruin my modeling/acting he said. whos ur agent. i said cynthia relingos. and he said..ohh...i know her..shes good..

and i thought it was a good sign

he then goes "yea but this is ur fault so it dont matter"
fool was such a dick

i would hate to see him in court as a witness or asomething

Well actually I was 18 when it happened but I didn't have a permit or L's either and it wasn't my car. The only difference is you have to go to court with your parents, I went alone since I wasn't a minor at the time.

The judge just gave me a fat ass ticket for no L's and that's it. The cop doesn't have to show up because it's not like you are contesting the ticket. The only time a cop will show up is if you decide to fight it

for example you go to court and you decide to fight a speeding ticket, they will re schedule another court date to give a chance for the cop to show up and contest it, 98% of the times the cop will win unless you have GOOD ass proof, but this doesn't really apply to you.

Just go to court when you get the letter in the mail, plead no contest/guilty doesn't matter, and you'll get your ticket. Just tell your parents the truth, trust me they will understand. Instead of them finding out by that letter in the mail
ughhh
ill tell them sunday. after my acting classes because i dont want to affect that
you'll be fine
Poncho yoi will only have to wait until you are 18 t oget your license. No worries.

This happened to one of my friends she lives in Santa Rosa, she was driving in the kmart parking lot and she crashed into a car. She was 16 and only had to wait until she was 18.
Then how come everyone is sayin i have to wait till im 21 :(
They are saying it because you are 16, acted irresponsible and lied to a cop. Probably as a way to make you sit up and think. You made excuses and failed to take responsibility for your actions. This is harsh and I know it. I doubt you have to wait until your 21, I also think that once you face the judge and truly explain the truth to him/her, you will be given a slap on the wrist. One of the questions the judge will ask you is why as an underage minor you were at a party where alcohol was being served and if you had any. You must answer truthfully because he will be sure you, as a young testosterone filled teen, did. You are in trouble but not as deep as you think.

Have you told your parents yet?
ughhh

and no i havnt
im planning on telling them sunday

cuz i have acting classes saturday and i dont want to ruin them taking me
I really wouldn't wait. My guess is they may know already. You are only delaying and in the end it may do you more harm than good. Here's what will happen, you wait until your acting class is over on Sat. You tell your parents and they ask when did this happen. If you lie to them, and from your actions with the officer and your delaying to tell your folks, I am guessing you will, They will nail you to the wall and your acting will be done.
ima tell them sunday and tell them straight up everything

last time something like this happened my dad told me to stay at my moms so i stayed at my friends for 4 days

my life is hard dogs
im always messin up
im not trying to be an attention whore

just kinda wanted to talk to people about it cuz i have no one else :(

except my girl who actually laughed at me
i told her she shouldnt be laughing cuz shes gonna be driving me everywhere
Maybe you shouldn't have been breaking the law and driving without a license or permit.

Know your role.....
Originally posted by srcasm76:
Maybe you shouldn't have been breaking the law and driving without a license or permit.

Know your role.....

wowwwwwwwww
i hate when people say this

every single person on this site has broken the law many times

u dont ever expect to get caught

for jay walking u can get caught

for usings ur cell phone while driving.
for being a minor out past 10.. underage drinking. smoking. all that

i just was helping my cousin out and got caught in this

okay i should of just bailed on him because i didnt want to break the law. what would u have done fool. damn.
Originally posted by Poncho707:
wowwwwwwwww
i hate when people say this

every single person on this site has broken the law many times

u dont ever expect to get caught

for jay walking u can get caught

for usings ur cell phone while driving.
for being a minor out past 10.. underage drinking. smoking. all that

i just was helping my cousin out and got caught in this

okay i should of just bailed on him because i didnt want to break the law. what would u have done fool. damn.

It's because there are different degrees of breaking the law man. I speed, I jaywalk, sometimes I talk on the phone in my car, but I would NEVER have driven without a license.

There were a TON of alternative, more responsible routes you could have taken, including:

1. Wait with your cousin for him to sober up so that he could drive.
2. Wait for someone else at the party that has a license to sober up so they could drive his car.
3. Walk.
4. Get a taxi.
5. Call a friend or relative to pick you up.
6. Call your parents or his parents to pick you up.

Now, I understand the reason you didn't choose any of these routes was because you didn't want yours or his parents to find out. But trust me, you would have been in a lot less trouble if you just told your parents straight up what happened and asked for their help. Now you have to tell them the whole drinking situation AND tell them you drove without a license. The moral here is to not lie, be honest, and you will likely be surprised at how understanding your parents can be.