There are 5 users in the forums

Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez

Ya Alderson did seem a little overrated. looking at the stats in Connecticut, he didn't even look like the second best pitcher there. I just feel we could have gotten somebody better than Freddy Sanchez
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Ya Alderson did seem a little overrated. looking at the stats in Connecticut, he didn't even look like the second best pitcher there. I just feel we could have gotten somebody better than Freddy Sanchez

that is what most think.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
that is what most think.

i wanted freddy sanchez. he doesn't bring RBI's or HRs, but he brings a consistent bat to the front of the order allowing others to bat him in.

but not for tim alderson. seeing what the red sox gave up, could we have sent the indians 1 other player and traded for martinez instead of garko? which would allow us to maybe send down whiteside and bring up a SS or 2B to help with the renteria injury.
Originally posted by the_donald:
i wanted freddy sanchez. he doesn't bring RBI's or HRs, but he brings a consistent bat to the front of the order allowing others to bat him in.

but not for tim alderson. seeing what the red sox gave up, could we have sent the indians 1 other player and traded for martinez instead of garko? which would allow us to maybe send down whiteside and bring up a SS or 2B to help with the renteria injury.

Q
the players the sox gave up are good prosepects and masterson proved he can pitch in bigs effectively so we probably would have to Give up villalona, barnes and noonan or pucetas
All of the people that are now saying that Alderson is overrated are trying to justify the Sanchez trade in my opinion. Sanchez will help the team but the Giants should have not included Alderson in the trade. Even better, they should have used him to get VMart.

So.. as information here is Alderson's last start:
Tim Alderson (P) PIT - AA 8/8/2009
Alderson threw six no-hits innings against Double-A New Hampshire on Friday. Alderson threw 90 pitches and walked just one batter in his second start for the Curve. He improved to 8-1 overall at the Double-A level while lowering his earned run average to 3.09.
you guys are still complaining?
Originally posted by NorCal:
Hey I am not one that wants to sell the farm system and I was not for trading Sanchez for Sanchez but this is a good deal. Look at the facts Freddy is a solid gold glove type that has only committed 34 errors in his career. He is not an RBI and yes his average is a little low this season but this kid is only a few years away from a batting tittle. Meaning he gets on base, meaning he will give us someone for Panda to hit in. Not to mention that he is under contract for next year too, AND said that he would be willing to make SF his home. Alderson could be a great pitcher but when you look at the depth of our Farm system loosing one is not a bad thing. We are too deep (never thought I would say something like that about our Farm system) there are only 5 starting Pitching slots.
Getting a young outstanding Second Baseman is a good thing. He isnt going on the DL he will be fine in a day or two. I still believe that it is B.S's time to go after the season BUT he has been good this week I think that he has improved our team for the next few years.

Finally someone with some good sense....Freddie Sanchez wasnt brought to the team to bring runs in...he supposed to be on base for us...and all alderson was is POTENTIAL....just like Johnathan Sanchez POTENTIAL...just because he was a #4 prospect doesnt exactly mean he could be a big league pitcher...and honestly any 2nd baseman would have been a total upgrade from who we had...Frandsen and Burriss werent working out at your telling me that Uribe could stick it out at 2nd base all year....your F***in crazy...Sanchez for his career has been hitting near .300 and won a batting title...we havent seen our 2nd baseman produce since Jeff Kent...haahaha all in all i thought it was an excellent trade...and we still have our number 1 pitching prospect...Bumgarner...
Originally posted by k3ylatan:
Finally someone with some good sense....Freddie Sanchez wasnt brought to the team to bring runs in...he supposed to be on base for us...and all alderson was is POTENTIAL....just like Johnathan Sanchez POTENTIAL...just because he was a #4 prospect doesnt exactly mean he could be a big league pitcher...and honestly any 2nd baseman would have been a total upgrade from who we had...Frandsen and Burriss werent working out at your telling me that Uribe could stick it out at 2nd base all year....your F***in crazy...Sanchez for his career has been hitting near .300 and won a batting title...we havent seen our 2nd baseman produce since Jeff Kent...haahaha all in all i thought it was an excellent trade...and we still have our number 1 pitching prospect...Bumgarner...

Why Sanchez for alderson was a Horrible trade
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...s-waivers.html
Sanchez probably would have been released just like cristian guzman and guzman has better numbers. So we gave up our 4th best prospect for a guy they most likely would have put through waivers
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Why Sanchez for alderson was a Horrible trade
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...s-waivers.html
Sanchez probably would have been released just like cristian guzman and guzman has better numbers. So we gave up our 4th best prospect for a guy they most likely would have put through waivers

I have been super critical about including Alderson in a trade for Sanchez. It is very possible ( and probably likely) that Pittsburgh would have put Sanchez on waivers but they would not have just let a team pick him up. They would have used that to see what team(s) had interest and then try to make a deal. Teams put players on waivers all the time ( hell.. NYY put Robinson Cano on waivers!) but that doesnt mean they will just release the players.

I do think Sabean panicked and gave up too much but I seem to be in the minority on this these days.
Originally posted by Giantjohn:

I do think Sabean panicked and gave up too much but I seem to be in the minority on this these days.

No it's just we've all moved on. The trade happened, it's done. We as Giants fans have to support who we got, instead of whining. If the move fails and doesn't get us into the playoffs at least Sabean will be gone.

btw are you ninerjohn from webzone?
Well glad these trades were made. Looks like Sabean is going to be another loser at the trade deadline. Sanchez can't stay healthy and Garko can't hit the ball out of the infield.........please fire both Bochy and Sabean. By the way Posey needs to be called up after hitting 4 HR's in his last 6 games.
Originally posted by SanDiegoGiant:
Well glad these trades were made. Looks like Sabean is going to be another loser at the trade deadline. Sanchez can't stay healthy and Garko can't hit the ball out of the infield.........please fire both Bochy and Sabean. By the way Posey needs to be called up after hitting 4 HR's in his last 6 games.

I think its tough to blame Bochy for anything. Jeez.. look at what the poor guy has to work with. Sabean on the other hand MUST be fired. He has put together a team with no hitting, traded solid young prospects for guys vastly overrated, and made horrible FA signings outside of Affeldt.

Garko just looks horrible. I think he needs to get away from ATT. Maybe he will do something on the road trip.
Sanchez is a baller I do not mind this trade. On the other hand I do not like the Garko trade. Me myself I feel like Scott Barnes is going to be a baller and he was to much to give up for. Ryan Garko cant hit the ball out of the infield. That trade sucked big elephant nads.
P.S MAKE ME GENERAL MANAGER guaranteed I will not have pinch hit Rowand over JuggerNATE.
Piease Sabean email me and I guarantee that I know our prospects and pieces more than you.GUARANTEED.