There are 4 users in the forums

Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez

• LUser
Originally posted by Maximill15:
i heard there was no money involved! Great Trade for Pit!

Reference where you "heard" this
Originally posted by Birdman Jr:
I guess Pitt isn't that dumb after all

they really aren't as dumb as they seem because the giants are doing a worse job with management.
do we have sanchez till 2010?
they just made our FO look like fools lol
After giving up Alderson they have to sign Sanchez long term now. As far as Alderson, they'll find another guy to come along and take his place. I'm just glad the big club is making moves to get better now. Good luck Freddy we need you.
Our FO is a bunch of fools! haha
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
No money involved:

6:19pm: Kovacevic says that no money is being exchanged in the Sanchez deal, which makes it all the more impressive for the Pirates. Keith Law (Insider) recently ranked the 20-year-old Alderson the 26th-best prospect in all of baseball.

Kill yourself Sabean, before I do it for you.

Guess we will see Alderson pitching for Pittsburgh this year since we obviously didn't think he was ready, so instead we just gave him away. Guess we don't baby our prospects, we just undervalue them.
Originally posted by LUser:
Reference where you "heard" this

it was on the giants message board on espn. i'll look for the link
  • LUser
Originally posted by Maximill15:
do we have sanchez till 2010?

Papa just talked about the vesting option now directly to Sanchez.

He said he's comfortable becoming a free agent and sitting down the stretch or even being waivered and dealt later.

The option kicks in at 600 plate apps. now since he was an all-star. I think they made it clear to him that he has to play ball (and in more ways than on the field) to make sure he stays with this team and I pretty sure they made him aware if Pittsburgh isn't paying anything he won't be making 8 million next year.

Sabean say hinted he wants 2-3 years of him at reduced cost.

Until the figures are in you can't assess HOW bad a deal it is. It looks Bad it could be Worse or maybe not SOOO bad.

Wait and see, people.

And get the numbers. The Giants are losing big money and it factors in more than they will admit.
we got a bad deal but im not trippin
i cant do anything to change this so hey it happened lol

we have enough pitchers
we have cain lincy madbum and wheeler now
its gonna be crazy to keep them all under contract so im not tripping

its whatever
im mad

but eh
shiii happens
I was so pumped after being at the game last night then Cain dominating today. Now this. Ugh. **** stupid sabean.
  • LUser
Originally posted by SanDiegoGiant:
Guess we will see Alderson pitching for Pittsburgh this year since we obviously didn't think he was ready, so instead we just gave him away. Guess we don't baby our prospects, we just undervalue them.

That is a bummer.

Papa just said they may be picking up this year? The rest of the 6.1 mil in 2009.

Chonicle Live is going to have someone on in the next 1/2 hour to explain a little about it.

They paid the Sox on LaRoche and part of Jason Bay last year so we may be getting him free for now with the negotiaitions to be knocked out in the off-season pending the option being waived and an extension signed.
Originally posted by Poncho707:
we got a bad deal but im not trippin
i cant do anything to change this so hey it happened lol

we have enough pitchers
we have cain lincy madbum and wheeler now
its gonna be crazy to keep them all under contract so im not tripping

its whatever
im mad

but eh
shiii happens

I'm not against trading alderson but for only Sanchez? What a bad trade. The pirates are a joke and they just schooled sabean.
  • crzy
Freddy Sanchez. Born with a club foot (right) and a severely pigeon-toed foot (left)

I didn't know that. He also sounds like a good guy on the radio.

Happy for this trade. Finally get a quality hitter in Sanchez to fill in at 2B. Giving up Alderson may suck, but he hasnt proven anything in the major leagues yet. We wont know for sure if his quality minor league starts will equal major league success. I still remember many saying Timmy wasn't going to thrive at the next level, but that was proven wrong.

It's a crapshoot for sure, and Alderson may do well. But he has to pitch for a Bucs team that no longer has LaRoche, Mclouth, Nady, Bay, and Sanchez if you think about it.