There are 5 users in the forums

Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez

• crzy
I guess we're lucky we didn't trade Bumgarner

I HATE YOU SABEAN
  • crzy
Freddy is going to bat in the 2-hole here too

Usually I'd say that the GM must know something in this situation that we as fans don't. Except in this situation, it's borderline retarded to trade a valuable chip like Alderson for anything less than a power bat. Correction, it's full-on ape-**** retarded.
Originally posted by crzy:
I guess we're lucky we didn't trade Bumgarner

lol i was thinking the same thing.

Well.... I'm off to the liquor store now. Good luck in Pittsburgh Alderson.
Originally posted by Fred Flintstone:
F**K F**K F**K F**K F**K got damn you sabean you bast**d!! if we were willing to trade alderson why not for victor martinez??? damn this guy is a dumb ass

Hell you throw Alderson, Neal, and someone else and you can have Halladay. What a joke. I feel bad for Sanchez, he will probably get booed.
  • crzy
If we don't make the playoffs after this move, Sabean is 100% gone.

I hope he doesn't get booed, it's not his fault our GM is a dumbass.
We better lock up Cain and Tim for 10+years.
  • crzy
I'm going to put my homer glasses on for a second. Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Jeff Kent. lol

Originally posted by Birdman Jr:
I hope he doesn't get booed, it's not his fault our GM is a dumbass.

agree. We have to support him and hopefully he plays well for us.
Quick, someone break Sanchez's legs before he gets his pending physical. I got 5 on it.

Nah, I'm just kidding, but I definitely got five on someone doing that to Sabean.
  • LUser
Wait for the numbers but this breakdown below is right.

We could have had Felipe Lopez cheaper and 2 weeks ago. They may be paying a huge chunk of the 8 mil.

We could have had Lopez in the beginning of the season instead of Renteria. Orlandon Hudson too.

Sabean say it's long term for Sanchez so the vesting option and some sort of agent/money deal is in the works.

I know enough about the team that they wouldn't spend that much short term on Sanchez.

This can't be looked at just on the surface. Money is involved for sure.

Freddy Sanchez - 2B - Pittsburgh Pirates Sultans (Active) Wednesday Jul. 29, 2009
The Pirates have traded Freddy Sanchez to the Giants for pitching prospect Tim Alderson, according to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Sanchez hit .296/.334/.442 in 382 at-bats for the Pirates this year. He plugs a big hole at second base for San Francisco. It's surprising that the Giants surrendered top pitching prospect Tim Alderson, who was the 22nd pick in the 2007 draft. Alderson was ranked as the 60th best prospect in the game by Baseball Prospectus prior to this season. Pittsburgh netted a much larger return for Sanchez than Arizona received for Felipe Lopez. No word yet on money exchanging hands, although one would expect Pittsburgh would have to kick in some cash based on the quality of prospect it is receiving. Sanchez has a $8.1 million vesting option for 2010. Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Jul. 29 - 7:01 pm et
On a lighter note.... umm....Welcome to San Francisco Freddy Sanchez.
Originally posted by BoiseGiants:
On a lighter note.... umm....Welcome to San Francisco Freddy Sanchez.

Ya welcome.. and if it means Sabean getting fired I hope you suck.