There are 3 users in the forums

Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez

people would be pissed if we didnt trade for somebody, i think it was a bad move yes but we got a proven .300 hitter to replace our weakest position with uribe at second.
  • LUser
[QUOTE=crzy;2974]Freddy Sanchez. Born with a club foot (right) and a severely pigeon-toed foot (left)

I didn't know that. He also sounds like a good guy on the radio.

No wonder he doesn't steal bases. AND...

Evidently he now has a sprained MCL.

WTF?, they take 2 MRI's and still trade for the guy when he has a sprained MCL?

He may not even play during the Philly series.

That's making an impact.
How do you go from a solid trade for Garko to a terrible one like this?

WTF? Right when I started to give him props.
If we are going to give up 2 of the top five pitching prospects we have don't you think they should have at least packaged them together with Neal or Villiona or both for Halladay?
Originally posted by SanDiegoGiant:
If we are going to give up 2 of the top five pitching prospects we have don't you think they should have at least packaged them together with Neal or Villiona or both for Halladay?

u would trade barnes/alderson/villalona for holladay....

we will NEVER trade villalona
Originally posted by Poncho707:
u would trade barnes/alderson/villalona for holladay....

we will NEVER trade villalona

in a heartbeat. if you can trade them for garko and sanchez, like i said in a heartbeat
wow
some people have no clue what they are talking about
ok we can do that trade and have doc for a year. ok. well then hes gone

ok.

then we dont have 2 of those pitchers and our pure stud very young 1b of the future.
We already have 8 guys like Sanchez. Why couldnt we have packaged Alderson and maybe another prospect for Victor Martinez? We need a power bat. Alderson and that other kid were our future aces in the holes. And we give him away for practically nothing. I hate you Sabean.
wow
some people have no clue what they are talking about
ok we can do that trade and have doc for a year. ok. well then hes gone

ok.

then we dont have 2 of those pitchers and our pure stud very young 1b of the future.

Ok so we have DOC for the playoff run this year and next year and if were not in the playoff chase next year he is our Gem to trade to teams for their playoff run and can get the bat we didn't get this year. Why would we do something like that, doesn't make any sense. Rotation of Lincecum, Cain, Halladay.

instead we get two guys who won't hit HR's at AT&T and feel that we have upgraded th offense immensely. But we still have lost the two arms, Just like the pitchers, your young stud 1B is just promising.

Guess I don't know what I am talking about right.
Ok so we have DOC for the playoff run this year and next year and if were not in the playoff chase next year he is our Gem to trade to teams for their playoff run and can get the bat we didn't get this year. Why would we do something like that, doesn't make any sense. Rotation of Lincecum, Cain, Halladay.

instead we get two guys who won't hit HR's at AT&T and feel that we have upgraded th offense immensely. But we still have lost the two arms, Just like the pitchers, your young stud 1B is just promising.

Guess I don't know what I am talking about right.

um ok im not saying im happy with the trades.
but i wouldnt trade alderson/villalona/anyone for doc
thats just how i am.

we have doc for the playoff run this year. ok. so we go to the playoffs with doc but ishi at 1st and uribe at 2nd the entire time?????

and i dont think u know who angel villalona is or know anything about hmi

and yes u dont know what ur talking about
um ok im not saying im happy with the trades.
but i wouldnt trade alderson/villalona/anyone for doc
thats just how i am.

we have doc for the playoff run this year. ok. so we go to the playoffs with doc but ishi at 1st and uribe at 2nd the entire time?????

and i dont think u know who angel villalona is or know anything about hmi

and yes u dont know what ur talking about

I know who Villalona is. A guy this franchise is resting their hope on to be the savior. That's fine. I hope he is. But the problem is were not going to see it for another 3 years and the chances of Cain, Linceum, and Sandoval demanding large contracts doesn't bode well for that core group to stay together for very long. So I will agree to disagree.
I know who Villalona is. A guy this franchise is resting their hope on to be the savior. That's fine. I hope he is. But the problem is were not going to see it for another 3 years and the chances of Cain, Linceum, and Sandoval demanding large contracts doesn't bode well for that core group to stay together for very long. So I will agree to disagree.

so u would trade the guy who ""the franchise is resting there hope on" for a pitcher for 1 1/2 years?
Alderson is going to be a 3rd starter. Its not a big deal.
  • LUser
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Alderson is going to be a 3rd starter. Its not a big deal.

Tim Alderson - S - Pittsburgh Pirates Toads (Farm) Wednesday Jul. 29, 2009
Pirates acquired RHP Tim Alderson from the Giants for second baseman Freddy Sanchez.
It's surprising that the Giants surrendered Alderson, the 22nd pick in the 2007 draft, for Sanchez. Alderson was ranked as the 60th best prospect in the game by Baseball Prospectus prior to this season. He was 7-2 with a 3.65 ERA in 18 starts combined for Class-A San Jose and Double-A Connecticut. Alderson, 6'7" and 210 pounds, has a low 90s fastball with an excellent curveball and good command. He should be a fixture of the Pirates rotation for years to come. Jul. 29 - 9:29 pm et

Freddy Sanchez - 2B - San Francisco Giants Sultans (Active) Wednesday Jul. 29, 2009
Giants acquired second baseman Freddy Sanchez from the Pirates for RHP Tim Alderson.
Sanchez, 31, plugs a big hole at second base for San Francisco. He hit .296/.334/.442 in 382 at-bats for the Pirates this year and is a career .300/.336/.421 batter. Sanchez has a $8.1 million vesting option for 2010. He had his injured left knee examined by Giants' doctors on Wednesday, but no significant issues were found. Jul. 29 - 9:21 pm
Name 8 guys WE have like Sanchez?